GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 03:14:38 -0500
Folks,
I don't know about you all but what I saw and heard from this moron is just
4^<k!ng incredible. It seems this guy got our entire country by the balls.
I'm taking about addressing all those dignitaries and the entire audience
as boys and girls and god knows how many doggone times he keeps repeating
"7 years ago". For a moment I thought he was making a mockery of our elders and he was funny at some point, and he kind of reminded me of Chief
Zebudia (Nigerian comedian) with his "7 years ago" speech. He said, "7
years, Gambians were ashamed to show visitors the old Yundum airport for
it look more like a cattle ranch and not an airport. And that today we
gambians would go to the extent of waking up those visitors, if they were
asleep, just to make sure they see our new state-of-the-art Yundum airport.

You have to see it and hear speech for yourself, then you'll agree that
the guy should have pursued a career as a standup comedian than becoming
a president for any country. Yes, he maybe the president for now but
Jammeh is not presidential. You should have seen the reaction from the
crowd. One guy had to adjust his pair of glasses when Jammeh said without
any regard for diplomacy that the opposition and their alliance "can go to
hell" and anyone trying to instigate any kind of trouble "will not even be
able to regret it, because he or she will be six-feet deep". I know what
some of you might be thinking and hey, I probably would say it's a hearsay,
but that's why I think his website is a blessing in disguise for those in
the opposition and we thank him for making such speech available online,
unedited, raw and uncut.

I tell you, you got to give him dues. The guy renders his speech writers
useless. No notes, no draft, no speech-writer needed. No wonder he went
bezerk. I mean the guy has added a new meaning to dictatorship and you
forget Hitler, considering how small Gambia is compared to Germany. He can
have his troops perform routine around the country in less than five minutes just to show you small gambia is.

His speech didn't stop there. A Jammeh's speech is off record without him
disrecpecting our parents and people old enough to be his grandpa. Noooo!
He went on telling parents how they should raise their kids, blaming
gambian workers for letting foreigners take their jobs, on and on he went.I
asked why the double standard ladies and gentlemen? For starters, the guy
is married to a foreigner( Moroccan to be expilicit). Why then did he said
we cannot allow the foreigners to feed the nation. Curious minds would then
hasten to ask Who is feeding him then? A gambian woman? Well, as he said in
his closing comments, he is the president and he has the right to exercise
his freedom of speech. Therefore I would give him the benefit of the doubt.
Nonetheless, I wished others were allow that same freedom of expression he
valued so much.

Anyway, I'm not even going to stoop any lower than I already have into
this but I just found this mansa in his white oversized 'nyeti abdou' with
a samurai sowrd on one hand and sheik's prayer beads on the other, quite
contradicting to say the least. Hell, we may not have a glittering airport
to show off 7 years ago but we had peace and without peace and stability,
that very airport he is bragging about may fall into bits and pieces if all
indications are that what happened in Liberia and Sierra leone might
invariably and God forbid happen in the Gambia come doomsday.

Looking through the crowd, one could easily identify some 50 to 80 yr olds
being addressed as boys and girls. Never did I hear him refer the crowd as
ladies and gentlemen but boys and girls. So what if the vast majority were
students. Just look around the number 50 years sitting at the edge of
their seats." Yahya Jammeh, Gadu Gna Bakarr". To him, they are just boys
and girls and it's either his way or six-feet deep. What gave me cramps in
my stomach was that people were cheering for him. God help us all.
As the saying goes, " Video means Wadi Whut" in wolof and here is the
'Wadi Whut' nicely packaged by his excellency for public consumption. GOTO>

http://www.jammeh2001.org/realvideo/j22speech/j22speech2.rpm
AND http://www.jammeh2001.org/realvideo/j22speech/j22speech3.rpm

                                                 Mr Makaveli! (o-:)
PS: Normally, I'm a little leery about hearing Jammeh speak because not
that it's the embarassment I'm bound to stomach but the fact that I'm
simply allergic to him speak, period. But try it just once like I just did.
4^<k!ng incredible..

Gambians Online " Designed With The Gambian People In Mind"
               http://www.gambiansonline.com