GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 23:12:04 -0000
MR. BOJANG,

I THINK IT IS A GREAT IDEA THAT MR CONTEH WISHES TO JOIN YOU AT RUST ON
THURSDAY AND I HOPE YOU WILL BE ABLE AND AGREE TO DO SO. THE GESTURE IS
HIGHLY COMMENDABLE AND I ENCOURAGE ANY GAMBIAN OR GAMBIA-CONCERNED WHO CALLS
MISSISSIPPI HOME AND THOSE IN THE SURROUNDING STATES TO MAKE THE TRIP IF
POSSIBLE AND SEIZE THE OPPORTUNITY TO KNOW EACH OTHER. I HOPE THOSE WHO WILL
BE PRESENT CAN ORGANISE AND FORM AN ENTITY THAT WOULD MONITOR RELATIONS
BETWEEN THE GAMBIA AND OUR AFRICAN-AMERICAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

DR. STOVALL AND MARK SHOULD BE VIEWED AS CATALYSTS FOR SUCH A THINK-TANK ON
BEHALF OF ALL GAMBIANS. THE EFFORT ON LEACHES MUST NOT STOP WITH THESE TWO
BONEHEADS. OUT OF THIS SHOULD GERMINATE COORDINATED ORGANISATION THAT WILL
HAVE THE SUPPORT AND BLESSING OF ALL GAMBIANS AND THIS GROUP WILL HENCEFORTH
SPEAK FOR US IN MATTERS RELATING TO AFRICAN-AMERICAN INVOLVEMENT IN GAMBIA.

WE MUST NO LONGER LET OTHERS REPRESENT US TO THE U.S. OR ANY OTHER
GOVERNMENT. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED HOW MUCH AN ORGANISED AND CREDIBLE EFFORT
CAN ACHIEVE.

BY THE WAY, THE WORK ON STOVALL/MARK WILL CONTINUE LONG AFTER JAN 13TH.
THERE IS MUCH UNFINISHED BUSINESS LEFT.

JABOU: IS AUSTIN PEAY A HISTORICALLY BLACK INSTITUTION? I DIDN'T THINK SO
BUT ENLIGHTEN ME. I WILL TRY TO FIND MORE INFO ON IT. I WANT TO REMIND
EVERYONE NOT TO BE LULLED TO SLEEP INTO THINKING THAT THAT COLLINS RAT IS
ABANDONING EFFORTS TO STEAL FROM GAMBIAN FARMERS WITH YAHYA'S BLESSING.
DON'T BE DIVERTED BY MEANINGLESS COMMENTS ON SHARIA.

CHEERS!!