GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:53:46 EST

Pa Nderry,

I have known Tam Jasseh personally for years and indeed, when I had  occasion
to speak to him years ago, warned him to stay clear of this  regime to no
avail. I can tell you that the simplistic,  incoherent narration attributed to
him is not the way he talks at all. Not  in the least bit. Tam is very coherent
and well spoken and infact takes pride in  being so..This is why after reading
that statement,  I suspected that  some of these people were collaborating
with the regime with a cooked up  story but as per the statement from his family
member, it may very well be that  he was not in control of his faculties for
one reason or another. I notice that  the so-called marabout, Mr Faal's
statement is comprised of almost  exactly the same words as that of Tam Jasseh with
a few changes.
Also, for what it's worth, Tam Jasseh is a U.S citizen and a veteran  of the
U.S armed forces. He fought in Desert Storm. I wonder why the U.S embassy  is
letting him be tortured if that is what is happening.
Indeed, I wonder why there is no public outcry  from those on the  ground
such as the Gambia Bar Association who can raise their voices  at least to be
heard by outside international bodies when these civilians,  and even soldiers
are being denied their rights in such a blatant manner.  All these so-called
confessions are inconsistent as you pointed out and how can  Yaya Jammeh by-pass
the judicial system in such a blatant manner and get away  with it? Where is
the voice of the Gambia Bar Association?

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 3/31/2006 5:31:51 A.M. Central Standard Time,
One  family member of Jasseh told the Freedom Newspaper that this was not the
 Jasseh they used to know. They said the man was not focused when he faced
the  GRTS media trial. That they suspected that the man was injected with drugs
to  lose his mind.

In a message dated 3/31/2006 5:31:51 A.M. Central Standard Time,
One  family member of Jasseh told the Freedom Newspaper that this was not the
 Jasseh they used to know. They said the man was not focused when he faced
the  GRTS media trial. That they suspected that the man was injected with drugs
to  lose his mind.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい