GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:18:21 EDT
George:

I see where you are coming from.

But after careful consideration and advice from members of the L who I
respect very much, I realized that the audience we have is much wider than I
had thought;

The parents of certain close friends of mine are members of this list.  Some
of our old teachers at SAHS, GHS, Armitage, etc., etc., are all part of this
list.  My friends, extended friends, sisters, brothers, cousins, in-laws,
etc., etc., all make up part of the membership of this list.  All these folk
along with members of the L management who I respect very much such as Ya
Soffie and Modou Camara expect better composure from me than the invectives I
sent Alieu Sesay's way on Saturday.

Problem is brothers like Sesay truly fear me.  People like him not only hide
behind pseudonyms, but retreat back into the shadows and revel in their
slanderous claims after insulting me.  This, in my opinion, is extreme
cowardice, and I do not expect him to come out of the shadows and fesses up
to his treacherous acts.  I would have bit more respect for him if he does
this.

At least one good thing from all of this is the fact that I now know that
Gambians are forgiving people and I am extremely moved by the fact that most
understand that forgiveness is one of the virtues that makes our community
such an awesome extended family.

Yus