GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:55:41 -0400
Gassama, others might be slow catching up to your childish games, but I got
your number a long time ago. I will be the last person that will be lured by
you to say something that I do NOT want to say regarding the Opposition
Alliance. I see no inconsistency between what I said about the formation of
a Coalition and what PDOIS is saying. I am surprised that you are in the
country and Essa Sey who is continents away appear to know more about the
political machinations in the country than you do. Or do you know what is
really going on but decided to ignore the facts and instead come to G_L and
tell blatant lies in order to confuse people?

Remember, you are the one that was adamantly sure that Jawara was coming
home to lead an Opposition Alliance. You also spread lies that PPP wanted to
dominate the Coalition. All for what? So that anti-PPP elements in the
Opposition will start dismembering the Opposition. I ensured that you
swallow all your lies by showing you that there was no way PPP can lead the
Opposition. You NEVER proved that Jawara actually said that he wanted to
lead the Alliance. The best you came up with was that Jawara wanted to lead
the PPP (totally different outfit, albeit a part of the Alliance).

When you knew that you woefully failed in your quest to bring disarray in
the Opposition by saying that PPP wanted a leadership role, now you sought
to pit PDOIS against the rest of the Opposition by saying that PDOIS does
NOT want to be in a coalition with PPP. Did PDOIS ever tell you that? How
did what PDOIS say in this publication translate to saying that they do NOT
agree (in principle) to an Opposition Alliance (which was my point in the
first place)? I realize that when posed pointed questions, you always shift
positions and start talking gibberish. But tell me in your own words how
what I reported the other day differs from what PDOIS is saying. Like I
reminded you the other day, PDOIS defends itself. Needless to say, people do
not lie about me and get away with it. Now, reread what I said and tell us
what is confusing and false about what I said in light of PDOIS’ piece.

You know what is going on in Banjul. You know as we speak/write, Yaya’s
obituary is being written. Serious negotiations are underway to isolate the
vermin. All the political parties are working on coming together under one
umbrella to fight Yaya. Things are now out of Yaya’s hand, let alone the
hands of nonentities like you. It is now only up to the Opposition leaders
and their supporters. Like I said before, I waste time engaging you on this
matter because I do NOT want some in the Opposition to say certain things
they might regret in a day or two.

Finally, if indeed you are totally out of the loop, I encourage you to
contact your cohort Essa Sey. He seems to be in the know. In one of his
Lamin Ceesay postings he acknowledged what is obvious to all the politically
savvy in the country; i.e., the Opposition will soon come up with an
Alliance. Now, Sey’s contention is that even with the Alliance, the
Opposition still cannot win. The boat is leaving you behind. Even morons
like Essa Sey are reading the situation better than you on the ground. But
unfortunately for Sey, his conclusions are absurd. If APRC concludes that
the only way it can win the election is to split the Opposition, then how
can a United Opposition lose to an isolated APRC? When you and Sey solve
this conundrum for us, I will stop calling you morons.
KB