GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Malanding Jaiteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:01:31 -0400
Sister Jabou,
While the wheels of justice may be exceedingly slow on the L, I will
assure you that it hasn't completely come to a halt. I am still waiting
on other members of the Management Team for their response before
submitting a final response.

Over the years, my position on conflict resolution on the L has evolved
to first exploring all means of settling disputes off-line before taking
it up on the L. This is due to a couple of reasons. 1) the very
complicated set of rules and procedures governing complaint resolution
we developed many years ago requiring timely participation of all
members of the management team (some of whom) are not responsive, and 2)
that G-L should be and is a place for mature and descent people who are
guided by a good sense of camaraderie even when debating highly
contested political topics. I can say our 15yrs record is testament of
the fact that all but a handful have been very responsible in the way
they handle themselves.

I know for a fact that you have particularly suffered more than any
other member when it comes to personal attacks and insults. However, you
have demonstrated for us to see that it still possible to make ones
point without invectives and name calling. I hope Mr. Touray  can and
all other members can learn from such grace.

Malanding Jaiteh

Jabou Joh wrote:
> M.L Touray,
>
> You may not have noticed but  the L has become a place where people
> can insult you and nothing happens.
> In my estimation, it has come to mirror our African countries where
> the constitution is there simply as window dressing, never adhered to.
> Haruna Darboe has called me all sorts of lewd and suggestive names but
> my formal complaints to the list management appears to have fallen on
> deaf ears in much the same way that a similar complaint from me was
> treated some years ago.
> And we wonder why Africa is a mess?
> Jabou Joh

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい