GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Binneh s Minteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:25:06 -0500
In my very close moments, i most of the time come to ask myself such a
question as to who the hell this people think they are? When i say this
people i mean Yaya Jammeh, Edward Singhateh, Yankuba Touray, Sana sabally,
and Sadibu Hydara(May his soul rest in peace).Taking a close analysis of
their background and their history it becomes an insult to me as a Gambian
to see such people deciding the faith of our Nation,which they succeded in
doing only through barbaric means.Taking a close look at their respective
resumes if they have any,one can therefore tell why our country is in such
a situation today.
      Let us first start with Yaya Jammeh. As we all know he grew up in
Foni,with a High school background was able to join the Gambia National
Gendarmerie and succeded in bec
oming an officer.Its true he commanded the
Military police units and attended a six months officers training in the
US.Those that mean that he should topple a legitimate government and impose
on the people to become President. No.....not at all.That shows
unconciousness,unawareness and the lack of any form of knowledge.What
credentials and potentials does he have to decide the faith of a Nation.
Thats a shame.He is not even fit to command a platoon in the army.We all
know he was indiscipline and does not have any form of ethics whiles in the
army.
     The next one is Edward Singhateh.In the first place i dont consider
him a Gambian and am sure many dont. Spend most of his time in the UK with
his brother.I am proud to say that i have contributed more to the
Development of the Gambia than him.I see him as a murderer,a killer and
getting an education from england does not mean he is sound enough to run
the affairs of the Gamb
ia. Gambia needs to be run by Gambians. Onething we
should know about him is that he is very cruel, brutal and did most of the
killings in the Gambia. He is believed to play an active role in most of
the disappeareances and murders in the Gambia alongside his brother.He was
not not even a good platoon commander in the army.
     Sana Sabally, a Gambian citizen and a graduate from Armitage High
School is the wildest and the most cracy one. He was not smart and not
intelligent,and was an abuse to authority, making him feared by not only
the poupulation, but by Jammeh and Edward. This made them set him up. He
infact did not attempt to overthrow them, but they were just threatened by
his influence an authority and had to get rid of him.He is incompetent for
any form of responsibility.(OUT OF THE RING)
      Sadibou Hydara a graduate from a High school in Sierraleone was
dragged in to the whole situation and finally got kil
led. Academically and
intellectually he was the most sound among all of them, but because he was
not cautious he ended up getting killed. It was a lie that he died of high
blood pressure.He was infact killed.(OUT OF THE RING)
     Yankuba Touray on the other hand is dump and stupid. He cannot even
speak or write good english which is a same especially seeing him making
decisions for our country. I knew he was going to be the next one
eliminated. I consider him very useless,inefficient and ineffective.(OUT OF
THE RING)
      Yeah......i kept asking myself who the hell this people think they
are after fully knowing their history and background and how they came to
power. No one should consider them brave or heroes...not at all. A brave
and a heroic citizen, is one who positively contributes towards the
development of his or her nation. They lied, deceived, manipulated,killed,
tortured, and robbed the countr
y.I dont see them as revolutionaries...not
at all. A revolutionary is one that brings efficient,effective and
productive changes to the people,and at the same time allow the people of
the country to participate in national development or Nation building.
       Again and again i kept asking myself who the hell do they think they
are, putting our economy in such a mess.The Jawara administrations economic
models and management was far more better than the current one. A good
economy is the one with a proper balance between the consumer price index,
employment,the pay package and the rate of inflation, and the value of
currency.
       Currently if you consider the consumer price index and the pay
package,we all know that there is inflation in the Gambia and the cost of
living is getting high every day.There is massive unemployment and their is
a continual depreciation of the dalasi against foreign currency. This is

bad governance and it is the responsibility of Government. They owe this
obligation to people and if they cannot properly handle such an obligation,
they should peaceful step down.It is always good as a leader to maintain
integrity,but once you loose integrity,it means you have loose you face and
voice before the people.There is therefore the cause for people to boot you
out of office if you dont want to boot yourself honorably.
        This is why i kept asking myself who the hell do they think they
are to make people live miserably, whiles they are enjoying the fruits of
the people. Its about time fellow Gambians for us to see the light. No one
is going to show us this light......we have to do it ourselves.
     SPEAK OUT.....VOICE YOUR OPINION.....LET THE WORLD HEAR YOU....
     DONT BE AFRAID....IT IS A CIVILIZE WORLD WE LIVE IN
DANGER KNOWS FULLY WELL THAT DANGER IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN IT(WILLIAM
SHAKESPARE)
The v
oice of the many is a very powerful tool and more powerful than the
voice of the few.WHO THE HELL DO THEY THINK THEY ARE? 5-3=2 TIME WILL TELL.
                MAY GOD BLESS THE GAMBIA