GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 05:49:22 -0000
Ous Bojang:

I like this one - your e-mail below. Do send me a bill for it, and I'll
surely pay you for this information. Believe me, I am still laughing after
reading your e-mail. Anyway, let's leave them to suspect everybody, or kill
each other.

By the way, Abdoulaye Kujabi, a cousin of Yahya Jammeh and one of the senior
Directors at the NIA, was assigned, some time ago, with the task of finding
out who my source or sources were in the Government.

He then submitted a report directly to Yahya Jammeh, after doing his
so-called investigation, alleging that either Musa Jammeh, bodyguard to
Yahya Jammeh, or Demba Njie, Chief of Protocol, was my main source.

Why? Because, according to Kujabi, when Mr Yahya Jammeh invited George
Christensen, the dedicated proprietor of Radio One FM, to his office, in the
wake of 10 April students killings, and begged him to stop radio programmes
that were critical of him, it was only Musa Jammeh and Demba Njie who knew
that the big boss had invited or seen George.

So when I mentioned on the L, some time ago if you remember, that Yahya
Jammeh had invited George, and begged him to stop or edit radio programmes
critical of him (Jammeh), Abdoulaye Kujabi then came to the conclusion -
without any evidence - that either Musa Jammeh or Demba Njie was my main
source in the regime.

In fact, he (Kujabi) had actually recommended for their dismissal, but of
course, Yahya Jammeh had ignored him. It also happens that both Musa Jammeh
and Demba Njie are equally close to Mr Jammeh and are said to be in the good
books of the Kanilai butcher. Anyway, Ous, let us just enjoy them accuse or
slaughter each other.

Harona Drammeh: Good to hear from you, and my regards to wife and Cherno.

Momodou Camara: GESO UK has now raised about £3000 pounds, so I'll do a
report for the GESO mailing list after our next meeting which should be
hosted by Mike Carrick some time this month.

Ebrima Ceesay