GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ams Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:28:04 EDT
I'll be the last person on this planet engage in the art/craft/scheming of
any Gambian joining an Anti-Jammeh posturing/crusade. My invitation was not
meant for you, Mr. Complacent. It's meant for the sick and tired for being sick
and tired of the Jammeh regime, understandably, a D-Negative. The reason being,
not only did I learned my lesson on Gambian Apathy, but also, the hypocrisy
displayed by SOME, even in the presence of the JAMMEH SYNDROME or SILENT KILLER
or SUDDEN DEATH afflicting thousands of Gambians daily. Instead of venting out
the anger and outrage of this regime, some try the old fashion way of "BE A
MAN, "HIDE YOUR SORROWS/ANGER/DESPERATION."
Let's be serious here, Did you read Yahya's [Direct Wollof Translation]
speech, raving and ranting on the Who, Why, When and Where. The reason[s] for
righteously scheming Money changers of their hard-earned $$, Pound Sterling, CFA's;
Coconspirators; External threat, etc. Why not explain to us or me rather, the
logic behind all the firing/hiring/rehiring for the last nine years and you
still do not get it? Something must be seriously missing here, if you are not
looking in the mirror.
My last question to you is: If the government were your private business,
would you run it the way Yahya Jammeh is? Why should it take a neoclassical
leader like Yahya, a decade to mature and understand the rudimentary nature of
leadership and the existence of globalism. Under what Antiterrorism law will he,
Yahya, charged Waa Juwara of? One that Joseph Joof concocted right before
getting the boot?
God deliver us from our selfish and spineless souls.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
 - Albert Einstein
the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has."
- Margaret Mead
"When the government fears the people, you have liberty. When the people fear
the government, you have tyranny."
- Thomas Jefferson
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke