GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edie Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 18:30:04 +0100
Mr. Camara,

This response of yours is  what we should ask ourselves. Why shouldn't we asked question that is bordering regarding religion without being blamed of being non religious? We should be reminded that all these religion were all written way after the existence of the prophets and there could be mistakes because those times people were not educated and therefore, the messages were kept in the people's head and pass from generation to the other before it was put into paper.

Therefore considering the time when the messages were revealed till the time they were assembled and put into writings, mistakes cannot be avoided. Sometimes I think region is its kind of a dictatorship because you do not need to use your brain that GOD gives but just to say yes to whatever religious leaders said.

God's existence is no doubt in my mind but is it what the preacher preaches is all what there is? why are we not free to asked questions regarding prophets? why should it be taboo to the negative side of our prophets because all we hear is there positive sides.

I think Bilal was castrated to prevent him from being able to make children and again is useless to give a wife to a castrated person but he could produce a hadith if what they said is right, that Bilal was so closed to the prophet why is there no Hadith writing by Bilal? or is it that slaves cannot write anything about their masters? All what we are hearing is how great Bilal was but never hear what he said about the prophet while people who were less closer wrote lots of hadiths how about he who is more closer?

In Christianity, Jesus was born without father yet he is having father if the existance of Adam & Eve and the way they came to being then why should Jesus Fatherless be a miracle?
Edi

Ebrima Camara <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Ginny, I don't think that you have to give up your cultural identity in order to follow any religion. Remember there is no compulsion in religion. What I think the problem is, is that when we discuss religion some people tend to take it to another level. For instance if you start asking questions about Islam, then all of a sudden you don't believe in GOD (the almighty) or your faith is weak or something. I believe that heredity, environment and culture have a lot of influence on all religions being practiced today. Lets read and look back in the history of the three main religions Islam, Christianity and Budism. I don't want to sound like am so into history but I will leave that to whoever is interested in the research but history do shape the future.

v/r
SSG(P) Camara, Ebrima K.
16th EN BN S-1 NCOIC
DSN: 314-343-7528

"You must be able to under write the honest mistake of your subordinates if you wish to develop their initiative and experience".

GEN Bruce Clarke

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい