GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 16:02:22 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Just to have those
> guys in the same room talking to each other and acknowledging and respecting
> each other's points of view was indeed a mile stone in it self.  There was
> nothing phony about the process and above all, they were all sincere.  At
> the conclusion of it all, challenges were laid on the door steps of both us
> and the Alternative parties

Thank you Joe Sambou and  the above is indeed exciting news that I also heard
from other attendees and non-attendees  alike who were also making efforts to
get updates on what was taking place in Atlanta. You can't imagine how many
people called me to see if i had an update on how things were going. It  goes
to show you the level of interest in this effort, and I think the support is
there both among the Gambians abroad as well as the people on the ground,and it
will be incumbent upon all of us to go to work  if this thing unfolds as
planned.

I can understand the care required in putting the report together.

My advice is that we have to strike a balance between informing the people
which is imperative to get their support and involvement, and making sure that
we do not provide information, especially through this medium and the
Gambiapost, that the current government can use to their advantage in putting the
squeeze on these guys. We have to tread a fine line to avoid "spilling the beans "
to those looking for a strategy to disrupt this affair by pitting pople
against each other like before.
I am definitely encouraged and pledge my assistance both financially and
otherwise now that we see that there is a recognition and willingness by the
altanative Coalition to join hands  and reach out to the people so that together,
we can  rescue ourselves and our country from this  ever deepening nightmare.

Jabou Joh