GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
latjor ndow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 14:30:27 PDT
Greetings:
As this is a time of reflection for the Christians on their lives, the
trials and tribulations of Christ and the world, I will refrain from
responding to Saul and others until the beginning of the week.

The following is an excerpt from the 'The Way of The Cross', better known as
'The Stations of The Cross':

If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before you. If you were of
the world, the world would love what is its own. Because you are not of this
world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates
you. Remember the word that I have spoken to you: No servant is greater than
his master. If they have persecuted me, they will persecute you also. (John
15, 18 to 20)

Let us pray. O God, to free us from sin and weakness your Son, Jesus Christ,
embraced his fearful passion and crucifixion. Strengthen us in our baptismal
resolutions by which we renounced sin and Satan, so that through the passion
of this life's sufferings we might rise to a new life of joyful service free
of all selfishness.

Amen.