GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jamila Allston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 20:14:45 -0700
Following is the Flyer developed by The Movement
For The Restoration Of Democracy In The Gambia which
we are distributing in preparation for the New York
Demonstration before the Gambian Mission and the
United Nations on May 2, 2000.  We request that all
fellow Gambia-L's distribute this Flyer as we prepare
for our concerted campaign to stop the atrocities
taking place in The Gambia.  This document (word
document) has also been attached to this e-mail for
those members wishing to download and print out for
easy distribution.

MOVEMENT FOR THE RESTORATION
OF DEMOCRACY IN THE GAMBIA

MOBILIZATION TO PROTEST

¨ THE GAMBIAN ARMY AND PARAMILITARY'S ATTACK ON
DEMONSTRATING STUDENTS, APRIL 10 & 11, 2000 RESULTING
IN NUMEROUS DEATHS AND INJURIES OF STUDENTS AND
CIVILIANS

¨ THE DENIAL OF THE BASIC CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT OF FREE
SPEECH AND ASSEMBLY

¨ THE GAMBIAN GOVERNMENT'S RELUCTANCE TO RELEASE
INFORMATION ABOUT MISSING OR DETAINED STUDENTS AND
OTHER POLITICAL PRISONERS

¨ THE GAMBIAN GOVERNMENT'S VIOLATIONS OF FUNDAMENTAL
HUMAN AND CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS THROUGHOUT THE GAMBIA

~~~~~~~~~~

TUESDAY, MAY 2nd
MOBILIZATION BEGINS: 10:00 A.M.
In Front Of
THE GAMBIAN MISSION
800 Second Avenue (44th Street)
New York, New York

DEMONSTRATION RALLY: 12:30 P.M.
March To The
UNITED NATIONS
43rd and First Avenue
New York, New York

COME OUT. . . SUPPORT OUR EFFORTS TO RESTORE TRUE
DEMOCRACY AND PEACE TO THE GAMBIA !!

        INFORMATION:    (718) 842-6162
                        (718) 863-2949