GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Solomon Sylva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:37:52 -0400
The Gambian Community in Atlanta would like to see one community
celebration next year. Thank you to everyone that was able to make it to
this year's July 4th. Millennium Reunion. There was no thought that it
was a success despite the big odds at the time. It also reiterates that we have
very good and determined Gambians in the Community that would sacrifice
there own time and money,all for our own people in and outside of Atlanta.
The picture is very clear now.

We believe the Community will stand up for what is right always in order to achieve
unity and prosperity. The community is now beginning to focus on positive goals,
including raising our community to several levels, that we hope will be a good model
for our people, generations to come.

Special thanks goes to the Atlanta Gambian Community elders, the uncountable
Gambian ladies and gentlemen of Atlanta and the suburbs, that contributed
tremendously to the success our real community organization. It does not take a
whole lot to put it together. Much respect to all of you.

Big thank you to also goes to the following for their donated services to the community
all in good faith, unity, and being Gambians. The community shall not forget none of you.

    1.    PA SHEIKH JENG aka DJ SHAKIE (Rhythm King), Washington D.C. you are the BEST!
    2.    ZANOU GOMEZ (Toast Master) for the wonderful performances.
    3.    DJ WOW "INTERNATIONAL" one of New York's best.
    4.    Dallas Soccer Team (Big D), and Seattle(The CHAMPS), two Gambian teams.
            The finals was great. What a battle on the field.
    5.    Ardy Fofana and Kebba Manneh, and the rest. You guys are the best. You could not have
            stood up for the right thing, any better. You two are the best!
    6.    Lastly, the FUGITIVZ, young Gambian. Still the talk of the city. Wow!!!! what a show!

"You can fool the people some time, but you cannot fool the people all the time".
                                                                                               (Bob Marley)

Hopefully can all get along especially when it comes to our Communities based affairs.

PEACE TO ALL.

DJ King Solomon & Dj Ganut Njie (GEEE)