GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Dec 2005 21:17:26 +0100
Sister Jabou Joh,

Let me begin again by reiterating my statement that I am extremely glad
to have dragged you into the mud. Your wisdom and clarity is much needed
here. And between you an me there will be no sibling quarrel. But
please, Sis, all I wrote about the Tam-Tam show was:

..." Naturally, believing  that Senegal should contemplate coming to our
rescue - a theme alluded to  implicitly in especially the Tam-Tam show
Mr. Fye and yourself  helped  arrange - is almost naive, to put it
mildly".

I am unable to understand why you think I meant it was you who thought or said Senegal should come to our aid? I have NO misconceptions whatsoever about the Tam-Tam show. Some callers-in to the program said things that implied they hoped or wished Senegal should come to our rescue. It was not a realistic wish; but equally it was infact not important. I mentioned it in passing just to corroborate your earlier view that we should not expect Senegal to act order than in pursuit of its calculated interests.

On the other hand, it is perhaps just as well that your brought it up in this manner. For the record, let me state categorically that the Tam-Tam show that Mr. Elhajj Mustafa Fye and yourself helped organise was a fantastic show! (And I think I said that before).
It was simply superb, and you were fabulous. It was fantastic to here you systematically breakdown our Gambian political, social, and economic misery in so impeccable Wollof; the kind of Wollof that melts ones heart; and I remember you even mentioning all the  human rights abuses in precise chronological order. That single Tam-Tam show was more powerful (for me, i.e) than acres of sterile debates we have been churning on the net for years. If there turned out to be people who accused you or any other person for selfishness, then they needed a look into their heads. [Koto Elhajj burnt the entire show on CD for me and I have been so proud lending out to sisters and brothers here listen to you all who were so good on that show. That was a great day for our community of dissent].

I am disappointed though that both Mr. Fye and yourself shelved the opportunity for more powerful propaganda because some knuckleheads thought you were propagandising yourselves. Come on, you know that good people have stones thrown at them for standing up for progress and decency and truth; and so given what now obtains at home, I think Elhajj and yourself should reinvigorate the communication lines with Radio Tam-tam online once again.

Cheers,
Brother Modou

P.S You know I no longer have much spare time on my hands, but I think the discussion on NADD needs to continue.

[log in to unmask] skrev:

>Brother Modou Sidibeh,
>
>I stand corrected. I was not in Gambia when the incident you speak of
>occurred, the Eku Mahoney affair, so I got it all mixed up with the  attempted
>coup.My mistake. So I really cannot speak to that.
>However, regarding Senegalese troops having killed Gambians during the
>attempted coup of 1981, I am sure that happened and given the circumstances  where

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい