GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 12:49:38 EST
Mr. Sankarreh,
Thanks for that news. I did not asked for his educational background just
because I did not agree with his thoughts. I questioned his Islamic knowledge
because he put himself to the test. I am sure I would not questioned yours or
any body else's until they try to teach us what Islam said. Would you let
someone drive you if you doubt whether they are even licensed? Again, you
might but I would not.
On Mr. Banding Drammeh, those who know him very well dispute that he is an
Islamic scholar. I know him personally and his actions since he started the
Institution in Brikama pronounced differently. And that is why I said he is
alleged not to be.
On Mr. Baba Leigh, I do not even know what GAMCOTRAP is or what it stands
for. I happen know that he was a very descent and honest guy I worked with at
Kotu Power Station. I even thought he did Electrical Engineering just in an
Arabic country. It would be news to me if he is an Islamic/Arabic scholar.
Again I knew a little about him too.
However, you seems to know all these people a lot. And again, I just
questioned the guys education to know how much knowledge he does in fact
might have in Islam. Of course I am also aware of the fact that graduating
form one of the best colleges/Universities does mean nothing. It all depends
on the individual. Don't you think so?
I thank you.

Ousman Bojang.