GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
malik kah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 23:27:31 +0000
This is professional bullshit to the limit, your lack of understanding of
what PDOIS stands for and your self gratifying attitude with the boasting
clearly affirms  the suspicion of the complex you suffer. The chest pounding
and verbose attitude that is constantly manifested, through the persitant
efforts to impress with high sounding irrelivant cacophony of words is a
testimony to  your inflated ego. PDOIS if anything unlike you, does not
recycle any old garbage, as highly educated and very critical, they are very
original. They do not delve into materials produced by Kruga to defend
whatever assertions they make because they have a dialectical approach to
things whatever they say, they relate it to a concrete situation. This is
why the message they convey is powerful and  ignoramous of your sort  will
never appreciate it. The fact that youths and an overwhelming number of them
are warming up to them proves this fact. If you insist that you are more
intelligent than all these young men and women who have read and endorse the
programmes of PDOIS, then I will rest my case, for you would be
acknowledging your arrogance, however, if you say that their programmes do
no suit your aspirations that is fair enough becuse the world no matter how
we may wish to interprete it is dichotimised. We either choose to be
oppressors or align our selves with the oppressed, some of us if we choose
to can easily join the ruling class, but we choose to toil with the masses
and endure with them in other to cooperate to liberate and humanize those
who persit on operating a system that will privilege a few and enslave the
rest. In the struggle of course there would be shmeless harpless objects
like you who would at every juncture try to distract the people whenever
they collaborate with a working class party to ensure their liberation.
People like you have existed in the past and they will continue to exist in
the future but they can never detter the genuine struggle to liberate the
people from those that oppress them.  All things may be said, but the
struggle for political enlighthenment which  seem  trouble you  so much is
like a jinn out of a bottle, it is an irrevesable process you only have to
look at history to see this truism. The existence of PDOIS is the making of
concrete historical circumstances it cannot be helped because for far too
long Jawara has kept the people in the dark, there was never any form of
civic education. People just danced and sang his praises, thus he built a
personality cult around him, hence negating the very reason why we had
struggled to gain Indepence.

From its inception the party took it upon itself to explain the implications
of a Senegambia Confederation, a union that was crafted at the back of the
Gambian people. During the period of the debate a state of emmergency was
imposed nobody had the right nor the opprtunity to critically appraise this
ill-fated marriage. It was during such an oppressive era that PDOIS
emmerged, eversince its emmergence it made  it's vocation to explain the
meaning certain fundamental issues; such as what a constitution was, what
and government revenue came from, the meaning of elections, the role of the
electorate  as the king makers, these wre issues that awaken the people in a
way has forever change the country. These and many other issues are as
relivant today as they ever were. The empowerment of the people is the
primary objective of PDOIS, hence fundamental to their actions is constant
dialogue with the people, this way learning occures in which the people will
become very critical of their situations, instead of attributing thier
destitution to fate they come to realise that a system operates in which
some oppress to sustain their life styles whiles others toil to sustain
their pomp and extravaganza. This exposure is what makes elite aspirants
hate PDOIS, for they stand to expose their tricks. Without the myth they can
no longer exist as  a class, hence the vehemence, innuendos an castigations.
The reality is reflected in the fact members of UDP can easily join APRC,
and the reverse could happen but it is difficult if not impossible for
members of PDOIS to join either UDP or APRC, the principles are
fundamentally different, whiles in the case of APRC or UDP essentially they
are the same.

This is why apart from the insults Hamjatta is never critical of their
policies, after all it is the same technocrats with the same policy
programmes who worked under Jawara that are now collaborating with Jammeh.
Remember the adamance the AFPRC had for recalling BB DARBO, so that there
will be continuity of the status quo and that is precisely why many sceptics
believe that Darbo or UDP will only restore the status quo- ante.

Therefore to make a difference that is superlative to what is and what
obtained people should vote for PDOIS, a party that will make not a symbolic
change but a change in essence and substance.