GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 10:44:12 EST
In a message dated 11/27/99 9:12:25 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I must say that I am enjoying the
 new wave of public discourse that is developing. We will now see which
 political figures in The Gambia are transparent or otherwise. All political
 figures should be subjected to the scrutiny you have started.

 Sheikh. >>
**************************
Yes Saul, well said. l think that to be perfectly fair, and to show that we
have no personal agendas or hidden biases,  we should also bring to light all
the political parties/figures in trems of their actions, not only during the
transition period, but during the Jawara era as well as now. Afterall, this
is a new wave of political consciousness  for the Gambian people, and how
else can we make the right choices if all our politicians are not put up to
public scrutiny equally.After this, l say let us invite the likes  of
Ousainou Darboe and other political party leaders  to come forward and tell
us their views, actions, and their agenda for our country so we can  be in a
position to make informed choices when we go to the ballot box. Let the
debate   continue.

Jabou Joh