GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
astrid christensen-tasong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 14:16:52 GMT
L'ers:

On Sunday, Alieu Bah a DJ that was threatened on the same night
Radio 1 was burnt, was attacked in his house. Late on Sunday night,
unidentified attackers gained access into the compound, secured the front
door from the outside with wires and then set it on fire. Luckily the
neighbors were alert and they put out the fire.

No one was injured. The police are investigating. This is the situation now.
  Will keep you posted!

Astrid/

>From: "Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
([log in to unmask] Mon Aug 14 22:37:07 2000
>Sender:       The Gambia and related-issues mailing list

RADIO 1 DJ FLEES HOUSE FOLLOWING THREATS
Posted Monday, August 14, 2000
>by Editor

Alieu Bah, a disc jockey at Radio 1FM, who is also the presenter
>of the station’s popular “lovers Night” show, has reported that a letter of
>threat was dropped in his house, DippaKunda, Serekunda, Thursday, at about
>the time unidentified arsonists attempted to burn the radio station. Mr.Bah
>said the threat was made following the discussion on the Wednesday August 9
>edition of the alleged impregnation of a taxi driver’s wife by one soldier.
>Alieu Bah said
the letter, which was written in red ink, read: “ Alieu Bah, you