GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:28:34 +0100
 Seringe & Amy Jarjusey <[log in to unmask]> "I can
remember is we  were beaten with gun butts  and belts
and even blows were exchanged. I still  have my scars.
NO BULLET > WAS FIRED."
> Bamba

Yus, Serign and Amy

I think Saiks must be lectured on the difference
between the Student's Demonstration of February 1987
and the Student's Strike of April 2000. When one
compares the 2 events, notwithstanding the use of
force executed by the police to disperse us from
Denton Bridge, one will realise that the military
police acted humanely. From my observation, being the
fact that I was also a student who had taken part in
the demonstration, at no time did the military police
fired or used live bullets on unarmed students.

It is therefore up to Saiks to either conceed that he
got his facts wrong or come out with substantial
evidence to rebut my narration.

Have a wonderful day.

Sanusi