GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 23:19:02 PST
Apologising to the public was an honorable thing to do. If there's anyone
who could kindly extend my greetings and respects to Mr Nachif, I'd be
delighted. I certainly look forward to the release of Faateleku II.

Regards to all,
Momodou Bojang

Taken from GambiaNet

Yellowgate Apologises for Faateleku II Delay

The long waiting of Gambian music lovers, home and abroad, for Oussou Njie
Señor’s Faateleku Volume II has received a worthy apology.  The fans of the
high-life/Calypso singer have sat, a long while, arms folded, waiting
eagerly for the follow-up to the highly successful 1997 release, Faateleku
Volume I.

Yellowgate Studios’ boss, Elie Nachif, yesterday explained to the media that
he regrets the delay and that it wasn’t deliberate but due to circumstances
beyond his own control.

Elie, the producer of Faateleku Volume I, is now working day and night on
the second volume and he is assuring Oussou’s fans that the album will be
ready soon.

Entertainment writer, Eric Orji, who sampled the studio ready songs said:
“The album is definitely coming with a bomb.  The
highlife-Calypso/Rumba/Salsa flavours and the danceable beats, horns and
piano grooves that are accompanying the album is second to none.”

Sternly assuring the fans that he is thoroughly on duty, Elie concludes with
some optimistic words: “Because of this delay, I am increasing my
button-pressing skills, creating extra sounds of Yellowgate’s usual quality,
even faster, to get the album out in the market very soon.”