GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:50:01 +0100
Ebou Jallow

I am sorry to say this but believe me you are making a big fool of yourself by making unsubstantiated claims against Ousainou Darboe.

I have had the opportunity to meet Darboe at his residence in Kanifing and from my observation, he is very much committed to NADD.

The Supreme Court judgement does not call for UDP to be deregistered and as a result, I see no reason why Darboe should not continue his role as Leader of the UDP.

The latest press release from NADD has laid down the position of the Opposition Parties that have signed the MOU. It is therefore dishonest, dishearten, insulting and provocative for you to continue making unsubstantiated claims against Darboe.

Ebou

Please give us break about Darboe this, Darboe that. Your continued tirade against Darboe only goes to show that you are just an EMPTY BARREL.

Remember that our school teacher from SAHS used to say EMPTY BARREL MAKE THE MOST NOISE!!

Are you an EMPTY BARREL ???

Sanusi

Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Mr. Owens,

Very interesting Mr Sanusi and thanks for the update. However, I still believe that Mr. Darboe is not a member of NADD but UDP. In any case NADD cannot make any difference anymore...it is just a name for something that has always existed i.e the opposition. What a waste of time and resources.

Ebou Jallow

Sanusi Owens wrote:
Mr Ebou Jallow

Enough of this nonsense and read FOROYAA'S latest edition.

"The Executive Committee has therefore made some constitutional
amendments to NADD Constitution. The original parties have held Executive
Committee meeting or congresses to replace the members of their Executive
Committee who are lost to the NADD. The four National Assembly members
who have lost theirs seats took it as a sign of commitment to the future
democratic dispensation of the country. They have revolved to
participate in the forth coming by-elections under the umbrella of NADD after
due consultation with their electorate. Their original parties have
agreed to forge an alliance with NADD under the terms of the Memorandum of
Understanding after making a clear line of demarcation between the
executives of the original parties and that of NADD"

I think the above statement clarifies Darboe/ UDP's position with NADD.

Ebou Jallow
wrote:
Ousainou Darboe is a very cunning politician. I commend his calculated courage in admitting that the Supreme Court decision against NADD was impeccable, and the justices of the court are very honorable men/women. However, the rest of his responses concerning about NADD are very evasive, nuanced, vague and sometimes outright deceptive.
The Supreme court has already established the fact that NADD is a political party. Mr. Darboe accepted this decision without any objection. Now why is Mr. Darboe still refering to NADD as an "alliance" instead of a party ? There can be only two possible answers to this question: Either Mr. Darboe interprets the letter of the Memorandum of Understanding creating NADD as nothing more than a merger in principle which is subordinate to the UDP party constitution; OR Mr. Darboe has no intentions of submerging his own UDP into another party,i.e. NADD, because he understands that the MOU does not codify a merger of political parties in law. Either way Mr. Darboe's words and actions clearly undermine the legitimacy of NADD as a political party.
Mr. Darboe has to unambiguously answer this question: Is he,Mr. Darboe, a member of the NADD party or is he a member of UDP which is in alliance with NADD ? Halifa, Hamat, Kemeseng, and Sidia have all resigned from their respective parties. I have a feeling that Mr. Darboe is planning on blackmailing NADD into accepting him as the their candidate of last resort.

Ebou Jallow

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい