GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Archibald Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:28:34 +0100
Well said.

Some of us who are currently suffering from what I may
term as PDF (Political Discusion Fatigue) could surely
be able to rally our thoughts on this very burning
issue.

Its very sad and sickening to see and hear one (and
many) of our kind been ill treated by others just
because of their preconceive misconception and
illusion of a greener pasture with gold paved streets.

How about for starters, one of the distiguish members
on here with very good oratory skills drafts a
petition e-mail to be adopted and initialed by the
list members to Mr Mohamed Benaissa (Morroco's
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Co-operation) at
[log in to unmask] stating the collective concern
from memebers on this list regarding information that
is now international known about these unfortunate
acts.

Surely there are someone here who has some legal
kwnowledge on the international conventions relating
to these unfortunate issue.

For myself I may be a layman, but if my limited
kwnoledge is on track, socalled "Illegal Immigrants"
are at worst detained or sent to their country of
origin and not sent to some desert.

I stand to be correted on this otherwise let it be
known that we are aware of such internationally
unaccepted acts.

Warm regards to you all.

Archie

--- Mustapha Hydara <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello Mamadi,
> I know the folks in GambiaL can do something to
> influence the state of
> Gambians in Morocco catching for deportation in
> some-form, but the stands
> for us will be very limited.The urge for Diaspora
> folks words are much
> counted if their a government concern to it
> citizens.
>
> But with words of plea can make others to act even
> out of there willing to
> influence voters to for a win-win solution.Gambians
> in Morocco at a dare
> desert has to be a concern to all.We all knew of the
> reason and we shall
> never judge them of there presence at the first
> instance.So if all of us as
> users to GambiaL can get on to raise awareness and
> concern as other
> country's governments are doing (eg Senegal)
>
> Mamadi's email has been ignored by us all since he
> last posted his plea
> email.If financially we are unable to support but we
> can influence indirect
> support to safe there life's from hunger.
> There are positive GambianL contributors who can act
> to all, but if it
> comes in term of showing reflection of statesmanship
> they are Dormant as an
> inactive volcano!!!
>
> Mamadi what is the current situation there and what
> can be doing from today
> to help you both in the desert.I hope fund can be
> raised as it is raise to
> to finance the last bye-election and other previous
> party politics issues
> to help our citizens.
>
> It is host that Gambians likes politics and there is
> a need for us to adore
> it due to the prevalence occurring in the state.But
> that should not limit
> the contributors of this forum to dilate on party
> politic always while let
> other tangible debates as how we can generate
> conceptual development to our
> own people, even not the government per-say.
>
> Let set to mourn the death of Gambians in the
> deserts and set something to
> change.I am so a liberal commentator and am in for
> GambiaL and it's
> contributors except my THEM hero Mr E.Jallow which
> every one might know
> from this site.Where is he now?.I was really
> expecting him for a comment
> long since and yet no respond.He was my ex-hero but
> now ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
>
> It will be a pleasure if he can
>
> Urs
>
> Mustapha Hdyara