GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:25:11 EST

Hello Simon,

I am in receipt of your response which I attach for my fellow  citizens.

I wish to thank you for acknowledging us and we understand your position  and
predisposition. We regret that both Yahya & CO. and Carnegie are averse  to
recognising the citizens of Gambia as unique party to your current
dispute/misunderstanding, ample evidence to the contrary notwithstanding.

I am also aware of efforts by both Carnegie Minerals and Yahya & Co.
attempting to coerce proprietors and editors of Gambia online newspapers to do  their
bidding. I discourage my fellow citizen proprietors of Gambia online news
services from yielding to such coercive advances. This is a landmark case which
has sobering precedence. We must not sell our souls for material
considerations  from unscrupulous entities.

by copy of this note, I encourage Mr. Ousman Sillah, Mr. Lamin Darboe, Mr.
Bakary Conteh, Mr. Chongan, Mr. Sanusi Owens, Mr. Halifa Sallah, Mr. Ousainou
Darboe, Ms. Mariam Denton, to consider engaging other appropriate fellow
citizens, proficient in law and jurisprudence, and form themselves into a  Citizen
Legal Defense team with a view to protecting the interest of the  citizens of
Gambia. I will volunteer, along with desiring citizens and online  Gambia
newspaper editors, to form ourselves into the Public Relations arm of  such an
entity.

Lamin, please inform me if you are amenable to leading such an  adhoc team of
distinguished legal advocates. I will begin raising funds for  such an
endeavour. I encourage my fellow citizens in public fora to speak their  minds and
show support for forming for our defense.

Sincerely,
Haruna Darbo

In a message dated 2/27/2008 4:21:31 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,