GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:42:55 -0700
Hello Laye,

I agree entirely with your stance.  Our leaders must take responsibility for
their actions.  Gambians have suffered enough. To suggest reconciliation
without the people responsible for the innumerous heinous crimes accounting
for their deeds would indeed be an immense injustice.  Henceforth, the "Rule
of Law" must be the watch word for every gambian, be they our leaders or the
citizenry.  Without that basic tenet of democracy, there will never be true
peace or healing in our country.

Bakary J Sonko