GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:10:47 EDT
Mr Njie,

You can believe whatsoever you want.  That is your right and that has
nothing to do with me.

I also believe that alot of you people are not serious but bent on
satisfying your crude sadistic urges with any idle, irresponsible and
"bantaba" talk to make for your hatred and frustrations with Yaya Jammeh,
and your unsatiable ego for REVENGE!
I also believe that The Gambia is more important than me, you or Yaya Jammeh
or all the noise you people are making on this forum.  My anger towards Yaya
Jammeh is a personal issue; and me and him can solve that between us.  Yet
mark you my brother I have no reason to hate him as a person and I am
totally against his government like the genuine ones amongst you.
If you people are claiming to love that country, don't you think you should
rise above all this pettiness and show Yaya a better moral example like
Halifa Sallah is doing?  Yaya Jammeh and I are products of that system- if a
group of "young disgruntled officers" from no where can walk the streets of
Banjul and chase away to the seas a government purportedly established for
30 years, then don't you think there was something inherently wrong about
that soceity? Yaya and Edward Singharty were all brought into the Army by
Sara Janha.  Infact Yaya Jammeh was closer to President Jawara than you and
me.  Still my brother your kind of approach to this whole issue is really
the PROBLEM.  This is what has been enboldening Yaya for so long that he has
turned to the character he is today.  Do you know how many times I have
convinced Yaya for us to hand over the Government?  Do you know that in
private he confided to me several times that he can't wait to come to US and
study engineering like the rest of you?  Do you know on how many occassions
he asked me to reach out for Sir Dawda Jawara after the intervention of Dr.
Leon Sullivan? My brother I can go on and on....
The point is you people make life more complicated than it has to be.  I
know Yaya Jammeh more than he probably knows himself.  This is simple
psychology my friend- do you thing you sitting in Europe or wherever you are
threatening him will ever make matters better.  Or you think he is going to
just let you walk over him without a fight! My friends you people are
dreaming!  And trust me you people have a very, very easy job- insult
people, condemn and castigate. Well good luck.
Some of you have even grown to the point of being out right intolerant of
any differing view.  Anything close to some reasonable approach towards
Jammeh is blasphemy! And you even belief that everyone must join your
bandwagon of insanity- Tell me is this any different than a dictatorship.  I
have even come to the conclusion that most of you just want blood-and-guts
vengeance not JUSTICE.
Folks some of you should look into yourselves and ask ARE YOU ANY DIFFERENT
FROM YAYA JAMMEH?

Like you Mr. Kabir Njie, this is my belief and I am entitled ot it.
Hopefullly a healthy respectful debate will help us see the light at the end
of the tunnel and save us from cutting each others throat in the darkness
with blind fury.

Ebou Jallow