GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 18:27:32 EST
In a message dated 11/30/99 5:18:55 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Sister Jabou,

 The whole purpose of the said pre-shipment audit if I may add here,  is to
 verify the accuracy or otherwise of the original invoice prices devoid of any
 alterations which used to obtain before the introduction of BIVAC.  I only
 hope that the raison d'etre of the entire exercise pays the intended
 dividends for the good of the Nation.

 OB Silla.

*********************Thanks Mr Sillah, but what exactly does this French
company do that the Gambia Customs could not do, if the whole process is just
a verification. l don't suppose this French company travels to the source
where the goods were bought, do they? If they call or fax for the
verification, or even acquire books that give them the selling privce of
certain goods, then l suppose any body else could have done that. Actually,
the revenue from the customs will be realized l guess if people continue to
import despite this, but the real test will be whether they will infact
continue to import at the same rate as before this requirement, or will
importers just avoid the Gambia altogether.Therein lies the test. Cheers.

Jabou