GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 20:59:00 EDT
Tombong,

You really have a lot of nerve talking about democracy when you are part of a
regime that has been murdering, turturing and abusing the human rights of
Gambians since it's inception, and we are not the only ones who know that.You
do not know the meaning of the word, and you have sold your soul for
something that you will answer for one day soon.

 How many people have been murdered Tombong and there has never been a proper
and unbiased investigation, or an investigation, period, despite endless lies
like the version you just found an exvuse to deliver here?.

What were the students demonstrating about if not the very same lack of
justice that is the trademark of this administration?

How many times have there been accusations of human rights abuses that you
have run to this forum to lie about only to have it unresolved, forgotten,
buried? Why? Why would the committer of a crime investigate him or herself?

Let's count:

*Ousman Koro Ceesay, lies about his death and no justice todate.

*Shyngle Nyassi. Your regime claimed they knew nothing about his whereabouts
only to produce him much later when they knew the outcry would not cease, and
oh yes, he was kidnapped in the middle of the night by a bunch of thugs,
acting like the criminals they are, and we all know who they work for. They
also must have  laid some heavy torturing on him while he was in detention,
because is he not now in a wheel chair? The tapes of the evidence of torture
inflicted by this regime is all over the World for one and all to see.

*Citizens FM. Your regime  wanted to shut the proprietor down just because he
reports the facts as they are. You finally came up with blatant lies to get
rid of that forum of public opinion by bending the law as is your modus
operandi.

*You tried the same with Radio 1 FM just last week. Just ask the American
embassy about that one.Your explanation of that one is a masterpiece that
will go down in the annals of our history.

*The Nigerian oil scandal. More lies and dishonesty. Do we have the answers
to that one yet? Oh yes, that is the one that the bogus coup was supposed to
over-shadow.

*Swindled money from the Taiwan affair, just to name a  few. We are still
waiting for transparency and accountability to come to life on all these
instead of being just a word.However judging from the level of intelligence
exhibited by this regime, it is entirely possible that the lot of you
combined do not even know the meaning of that word. Perhaps it just sounds
like a nice word that will make you guys sound like you are smart.

* The bogus coup plots designed to murder more people.Well, just a
continuation of the other excuses that were used to kill before.

*The order to open fire on Gambian children while they were guilty of nothing
more than exercising their rights as provided for by the Constitution. A
Constitution that your regime has turned into toilet paper, and flushed down
the toilet as far as the Gambian people's rights are concerned.

And what do we have in return?

 A government  who ordered the murder of our children
and all the collaborators, including yourself, the director of the so-called
organ of public opinion, running around inventing all sorts of lies to cover
up the truth.I guess one of your areas to cover is the L huh? It must be that
you are collecting more merits to enhance your meritorious position on the
board of Amnesty International. The Gambian people are in safe hands indeed.

And oh yes, talking about GRTS, i guess you guys have also invented another
version of democracy here, just ask any opposition party member how much time
they have ever been given in that public organ funded by Gambian tax payers.
Why, one look at that alone will tell the World loud and clear that what we
have here is indeed a democracy of the finest order, with all of you as the
untiring guardians of the people's rights.I guess the rest of us just have
not attained that level of higher thinking  yet to appreciate this new brand
of justice, fairplay and new order of democratic principles.

We did not expect you to admit that this regime is hunting innocent students
as they run for their lives, because this regime did not even have the
courage to admit to the Gambian people that they committed this murder.
Instead this regime is feigning innocence, asking the people whose children
you murdered to pray, and hiding behind Allah's Quran.

May Allah Ta'ala bring the weight of the punishment that he reserves for the
hypocrites, and outlines in this very Qur'an, in full force on this regime
and it's defenders.

Do you really expect anyone with even half a brain to put any weight in
anything you or the rest of this regime have to say Tombong? I know you do
not even believe that impossibility yourself.Time, experience and the record
has taught us otherwise.

 Do not let the outcries about defending your right to be part of this forum
give you steam and fool you into thinking that you can put your role in this
murderous regime behind you forever. I am sure you are smarter than that.
Spare us the continuing lies that you come here to deliver.How do you live
with yourself Tombong????

Do not dare use me again as a stepping stone to deliver  more lies to this
forum, or ingratiate yourself to your blood thirsty co-conspirators.

Talking about being a thorn in my side, I promise you that I will be more of
one on yours, trust me.If you think that these sorts of tactics will dissuade
me and others who love our country and our people from letting the World know
about your murderous lies, then think again.

Jabou Joh

Mr. Makaveli & Jabou,

 Either you are too drunk with hatred to think properly or you are in the
 wrong forum/list. List managers should remind the lady and gentleman that
 this forum does not belong to any particular group or faction, be they pro
 or anti Jammeh. This is a democratic forum where all views could be heard
 and expressed - where we should agree to disagree. You can check with the
 managers on how long I have been a member of this list, may be that will
 tell you what type of person I am. I am not a quitter and I will be a thorn
 on your sides for a long time. If you cannot stand the heat, you might as
 well get out of the kitchen.

 On a more general note, we all have our different views and political
 affiliations and despite our differences, we should respect each other. We
 should not allow our differences or divergence of views to blind or cloud
 our judgement and thinking process. Let's debate the issues.

 Sometimes I am surprise how your hatred of Jammeh can cloud your judgements.
 One case in point is a posting that states that the Gambia government is
 asking for the repatriation of GAMSU members from Senegal. How many of you,
 questioned the validity of this statement? Have some GAMSU members really
 fled to Senegal? If the answer is yes, has the Government made any request
 for their extradition to The Gambia? Very few bordered to find out whether
 this was true or not.

 By the way, all the students that were arrested in relation to the April
 10th and 11th incident have been release except 6 of them. I will get you
 names of these six. However, there are still some non-students still in
 detention and these are those who were arrested because they were engaged in
 some criminal activities during the demonstration.

 Schools will be open April 8th 2000. Schools were supposed to close Friday,
 14 April and open 8 April for the Easter Holiday, however they closed
 earlier.

 This is a difficult period for all Gambains regardless of one's political
 inclinations and as we through this healing period, lets endeavour to avoid
 such an incident in the future. By next week the Commission of Enquiry will
 be set up and it will begin the process of searching for the truth.

 Happy Good Friday to all and Happy Easter as well. Some of you will miss the
 "NAN MBURU".

 PEACE

 TOMBONG