GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edie Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:33:47 +0000
Good Morning everyone,

  I think  Gambia is for everyone of us to subscribe our opinion in Her democratically procurement and whatever opinion one has whether lousy or genuine from one reader's perspective to the other shouldn't be discourage. Most of us are living in the Diaspora and always seeing the people who imposed democracy on us are doing on their political platforms, very decent and straight forwardness on the points without insulting and name callings. Of cause division cannot be avoided when we are talking about democracy but shouldn't we learn from our democratic master after living with them for this long, and export that decency to the Gambia to make people more politically mature? We really need to build patience among us and if somebody raised a point that one did not understand, kindly asked him/her to re frame or explain that sentence before you jump into conclusion.

  It is very obvious that one who sells him/herself gets more attention in commercial point of view again in the same vein, there are silent partners whose participation cannot be sidelined.

  Africa unlike the west, is quit different in terms of tribal cultural and traditional habits and as a result, therefore, we need to build that understanding within our democratisation procurements in-order to be able to build a better political feature for our small nation. What I am trying to say here is insulting and bitterness within our own communities here in the Diaspora needs to be reviewed, we are all elderly people as much, we are all living in different democratic nations different from our own country seeing how events in party politics are undertook. If no one is above the law, then truth or opinions shouldn't come within only if non elite speaks out. This is why rich people cannot be wrong in our societies and therefore always above the law. Truth is painful but worth telling without using fowl words to making each other angry in the process.

  Why black African politics is always insulting and name calling instead of telling what your agendas are entering political games? As far as I can remember, politic in The Gambia, politician are always standing on the platform sending insults to the other and spectators starts clapping this weird. I however, building trust on NADD whose politic is fashioned and they take their time to construct a response to the opponent's attack on their persona. There are difference between human beings and animal, acting humane, one need to think twice before acting to avoid blunders.