GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:14:48 EST

"In the name of Allah most compassionate ,most merciful .I am busy this  days
but ,i could not help but have a say in the very personal exchange  between
my two brothers and elders Haruna and mr Conteh." Suntou.

Suntou, I thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share  this
note with us. I wish to share that there is not personal exchange between
myself and Oconteh. We are on different planes of life.

"I do not intend to inter-fare but with all due rest ,i would like to  say
the following:" Suntou.

You must not perceive yourself interfering when you offer commentary on
matters offered to community. Any community. Live the truth and you will be
alright. Insha-Allah.

"It is the kalima or words of Allah in the noble Quran that ''when ever  two
groups of Muslims are engage in disharmonious activity we make peace  between
them''. Suntou.

Indeed, it is the detail in the Muslim that Allah avised discernments  prior
to making "peace". That is probably why my Allah is different from many  an
Allah. I do not do evangelism. It is anathema to ecumenical life. My  evangelism
is par excellence and par example.

"i am not interested in why brother conteh became very personal in his
attack on haruna's character," Suntou.

I  think you know now don't you. For reminder I share that Oconteh shares
contempt for Haruna for the latter's imaginary disdain for the honourable
Obama. Upon further discernment, Oconteh shares disdain for imaginary  hypocrisy in
Haruna but did not offer reason after having shared impoundment  of culprit
email trained on improper romancing of stones. I imagine divine  intervention
and du-diligent reflection arrested pursuits in vainglory by  Maria del sol,
clad in fool's gold, feigning Islam all the while.
I  am sure what your Allah teaches you but mine has made my hand heavy. It
can be  lifted to dispense with dishonour but my Allah has weighted it down with
 illustrious gold for considerations of salvation in other. He has advised
me,  that there will be squirrels seeking elusive nuts, but that I am made of
Macadamia, buried deep in his sanctimonious bosom, and that the wayfaring
squirrel will inter him/herself in pursuit of the glorious  macademia.

"but it is very uncomfortable to read the nature of the Mr conteh's
comments." Suntou.

Pimps and Prostitutes rely on tarnish to sell their ware. It is just  not
clean enough for me. If you are familiar with me in both e-life and  r-life, you
will understand that I have been immune to charlatanry and  gaucherie for
quite some time now. It has stood me in good stead and has  accrued me the
blessings that are now the envy of many a listless and  incomplete soul. I trudge on,
decrepitude vanquished. If I am not with Allah,  I submit I may not have been
in your company today. I do not lie, I do not  cheat, I do not associate with
dishonour and decrepitude, and when other seeks  my company in envy and
vainglory, I am strengthened as they are reduced to  unwanted detritus. And they
continue to find secours in the good of other.  Foroyaa man Diyaa.

"to my little judgement ,the accusations are unhealhty and therefore a
source of anger to the person whose character has been mention."  Suntou.

They could be viewed as healthy because if you realise, our Allahs have  a
way of proving us. Were dis-ease to remain silent or hidden, you may not be
able to appreciate ease.

"to call some one a hypocrite is a very strong word. Allah said ''the
hypocrite will burn in lowest depth of the hell fire ''surah munafiquun."  Suntou.

It will be more helpful to me and our coleagues Suntou if you share  with us
how your Allah describes a Hypocrite, that we may effort to recognize  and
avoid it. What say you?

"I wish our brothers to sort out any personal issue through private  email
not on public domain." Suntou.

Bad idea Suntou. Remember, your prophets Muhammad and Eesaa have been
maligned and sullied oftentimes. The both of them advise public prosecution of
erstwhile malignancies so the general lot will be improved or inspired. That  is
good for humanity. We must never attempt to take anything in private that  has
been made public. That will be good for us. Palestine and Israel are
suffering from mounds of soiled khaftans.

"I know haruna is not afraid to discuss his short comings or mistakes  out in
the public but," Suntou.

Thank you Suntou for recognizing such in me. I think OConteh's long  silence
with us may have contributed to his cluelessness of that. You must  understand
that if I did not keep private communication for posterity and  propriety
sakes, the music will become ever so melodious and my romantic  prowess will have
been denied many a suitor.

"it is our traditions to discuss matters of personal nature in  private."
Suntou.

Maybe I can help you here my dear Suntou. I know your heart is in  a good
place. My tradition is that you discuss matters that are of a  personal nature,
ONLY when they are benign as to other, and it is not the ware  of the Haa-sid.
That is why you have whistle-blowers , journalists, and the  courts among us.
Corruptible and infringing matter hidden, innures further  decrepitude in
character and general fortunes.

"whatever offence Mr darboe's email may have cause to Mr conteh we  don't
know," SUntou.

Indeed. And shouldn't you know therefore in order to be fair to OConteh  and
possibly Jabou. It is either I called Shitown Shitside or I did not. That  is
very easy to tell isn't it? And it is either I tried to romanticall exploit
the indigent of romance or I did not. These are very simple matters, which
when properly dispensed with, will enrich our souls. And we have  tremendous
opportunity to inspire and improve the lot of our community. If I  were you, I
will insist on truth and honour for it is only through your  knowledge of
dishonour and falsehood that you may counsel propriety.  Would glory issue the person
who denies you that value?

"i think it is not our business to know either."  Suntou.

Probably, if it weren't forced on you in innuendo, envy, and malice.  However
now that you have been made aware ever so abstractedly, you must  endeavour
to capture to seek the truth there-in musn't you?

"on a lighter note ,masoud it may be wise to have a private email  contact
with Mr conteh concerning his comments,may be you and him can solve  any issue
amicably." Suntou.

No. There will be no value in that for we will only have swept it under  the
rug to rear its ugly head again. And I am a handsome man. Don't you think?
Much like Muhammad, yourself, and our other honourable coleagues here, silent
and published.

"no one is perfect" Suntou.

If I were you, I will erase this statement from my vocabulary. This is
because our imperfection is extant. I would like you to adopt the following
instead:

We are all in pursuit of perfection.

If you keep your original statement, you will always be of the  dispensation
to settle on mediocrity and forever sweep uncomfortable  information and
matter under your own rug.

"and certainly My brother, my fellow constituent and family member  haruna is
with a bag loads of imperfections but so will be mr conteh, mr  ceesay, mr
touray, mr jallow etc." Suntou.

Don't get so friggin excited about loads of imperfections. I hope you  are
making perfect those loads of imperfections each day. That is what I do.  No
sense in hiding behind Allah and Islam.

"Allah forgive us for all our imperfections and errors, if we repent  always
sincerely." SUntou.

You get the idea. Your Allah is very similar to mine in that mine  requires
sincere repentance for forgiveness. That is why I advise our  President Yahya
to ask for forgiveness sincerely.

"we are human ,we like things that may not necessarily be OK for us .i  hope
that with the spirit of eid, the two brothers can kiss and forget about  this
unhealthy discussion." Suntou.

Stay focused and don't go astray. You cannot make anyone muslim who  does not
know Islam and is not willing to know Islam. Same goes for  Christianity.
Mere Kissing and forgetting is for heathens. Discernments and  forgiveness is for
Children of God/Allah.

"what is private should remain private, my bolong upbringing."  Suntou.

Don't forget to advise due-diligence and honour in the private. You  must
never privately consider stealing, cheating, prostitution, or dishonour.  That
will be good for you.

"yes haruan quotes the quran ,yes he support some Islamic values ,He
acknowledged to not doing certain Islamic acts," Suntou.

You are mistaken my dear. I shared that my understanding of Islam is
different from your understanding of it. But that when followed in spirit and
letter, we will meet in Islam. I cannot know what your Islamic acts are unless  you
share them with me and I may not perform acts of others'  Islams.

"i personally discuss some of those issues with him no problem. may be  Allah
is testing him with those things he is not doing, i pray that he accept
Islam wholeheartedly." Suntou.

There you go again. My Allah never tests me. He guides me. He tests the
uncouth and the indigent in commoner sense. Please pray that you  understand and
accept Islam wholeheartedly. If you go over this exchange, you  will
undoubtedly come across areas where improvement in your journey toward  Islam is
afforded you.

"Allah say in the quran ''come into the deen (islam) completely''."  Suntou.

No need to place Islam in quotes. Deen is the common thread here. When  left
as is, Christians, Mormons, Adventists, and Ahmadiyyas all can yield  value
from it. Work on the completion of your Islam as you are afforded  opportunity.

"haruna is not alone in doing some islamic things and avoiding others."
Suntou.

You don't get it do you? I do not do some things and avoid some things.  I
just do not do your Islam as it is currently apparent. I hope you understand
that some squirrels will find secours in this conversation and ignore their
soil. They will continue to live in denials and incessant pursuit of fool's
gold. Allah does not keep you quiet for no reason for any appreciable length  of
time. And when you finally summon enough courage to speak, Allah does not
prevent you from speaking. If anything he encourages it. You might wonder why
Allah laid Adam and Eve bare so to the teachery of Shaitan. And Allah loves  Adam
and Eve and he created Shaitan.

"even inviting to music is unislamic," Suntou.

I  beg to differ with you. It is the qualification of the music that Allah
concerns himself with. Allah does have a melodious voice afterall and he
proclaimed Haaroon spokesman for Musa. And Haroon was given to melodious  oratory.

"it is against the advice of the prophet of islam yet we do see those  thing
happening always." Suntou.

You see how you can trudge on into the wrong Islam. You convince  yourselves
of the veracity of earlier prose, and that sustains you to more  debilitating
prose. Suntou, I want you to take an inventory of your Islam.  Perhaps
consider limiting evangelism of your Islam until you are confident in  yielding
salvation for other.

"may Allah forgive us and make us sincere and good in our conducts."  Suntou.

I  join you in this prayer. May your Allah keep and guide you always. May
he/she  afford you consideration of other less fortunate in diction, sight, and
locomotion.

"Masoud i wish you all the best in your current courtship with the  potential
lady darboe. be good as always." Suntou.

Thank you for you. Allah will bless you. I am close to sealing the
companionship and you will be one of the first to know besides my family and  her
family. I appreciate your prayers.

"i am here to extend my good will once your sallah is ok ,laugh."  Suntou.

Indeed I laughed. You're too friggin funny yourself.
Haroun Masoud. MQDT Darbo. Al Mu'Umin. My friend and Shiekh Omar  bin Abdel
Khader says Hello. Fii Umamil Muttahida.

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

My  new friend Ousman Conteh, how are you? I hope well. I am aware now that
you may have other disquiets aboutme that may not have much to do with my
views of Obama, Edwards, or my myriad other opinions on numerous matters
here. I
notice I'm exhausting my submission quota here with this note. If  you will
oblige me, can we continue with your anxieties and suspicions  about me
tomorrow
or in private if you prefer until the morrow? I will  address your notes
below here for I still have this one opportunity today.

"Your hypocritical behavior and your bullshit is what's getting on my  every
freaking nerves, invoking Allah's name, quoting from the Qu ran and
presenting yourself as a god fearing man is what you need to stop."  OC.

I am sorry you get easily excited. I did not know invoking Allah's  name,
quoting from the Qur'an, and presenting myself as the God/Allah  fearing man
that
I am is hypocritical or needs to be arrested. I am  terribly sorry Ousman.
May I submit my regrets now for I intend to  continue invoking Allah's name,
quoting the Qur'an, and presenting myself  as God/Allah fearing. I hope you
will
forgive those future trespasses of  mine on my Allah/God. Maybe it will help
if I add that your God/Allah may  not necessarily be my God/Allah. This is
worth further  considerations.

"Reading all of these is making me sick,"  OC.

Please find it in your heart to forgive me OC.

"especially  after reading an email that you sent to someone couple of months
ago,"  OC.

OC, I think I'm confused. In all fairness to you however, I will be
disappointed if I held someone in high esteem prior and to find out they  are
lying or
being hypocritical. You mention that you read an email I sent  to
someone-else a couple of months ago. Are you in the habit of reading  others'
emails or
is just especially when they happen to come from me  Haruna? I would advise
you
stop reading others' emails. Not that I ever  regret any email I send
someone, but that it is generally dishonest to  read others' emails.
Nonetheless, the
prospect of your reading my emails  to others cannot be significant enough to
me to consider you don't believe  do you?

"in this email you tried to romantically exploit these person  by vomiting
everything about you and what you have achieved, your life  story and how
professionally and materially blessed you are."  OC.

When you say romantically, I presume you're referring to a female  who I seem
to be wooing or courting. However, I am not generally in the  habbit of
courting on the internet. I would like the owner of such email  to share with
us
here what the romantic communication was and of if she  thought I was
exploiting
her romantically, or if she has any romance that  could be exploited by
Haruna. Further, my life story is an open book, I'm  sorry you have not read
it
before. I generally am not given to boastful  lanterns and I generally shy
away
from sharing my professional and or  financial blessings simply because I am
far from achieving what I desire  to achieve in those endeavours. Even when
I'm
asked pertinent questions  about my professional and financial ware, and it
is
genuine query, I  hesitate to share that, especially where it might sway
opinion or amour. I  am single however and I am communicating with a
potential
wife at the  moment. I have given notice to all the females who have taken a
fancy to  me that I am temporarily unavailable. Should my current courtships
yield
nought, I shall be available again and I will give notice to one and all.
That will be good for me. May this also serve notice to my honourable
matchmakers like Suntou, Yanks, and other well-wishers that I am currently
seriously
considering one potential companion and that I will update them  on my
current
pursuit. I know my romantic life conjures up immense  interest, always has.
So
I have to be careful for my children's sakes. OC  but I think you
misunderstood whatever email of other you may have read.  Please share with
me where your
disdain issues that I may effort to  console you or allay your fears about me.

"You are not what and how you  present yourself on line, so please stop the
bullshit." OC.

Is  that right? What about my online personality does not match my off-line
personality OC. Our coleagues may desire to know so they may advise me
toward
more propriety or that I may adjust either personalities to deserve  your
admiration.

"I don't care for you to know who I am, it is  irrelevant." OC.

All right. I have now ceased query into your identity.  If you remember, you
were reminding me that I knew you or knew of you and  the acquaintance seemed
to escape me. It still does. But I now will not  desire to know you. As you
wish. This is nothing to get upset over. We do  not have to know each other
if
we are both trained on our Gods and Allahs.

"Sister Jabou please do not apologize, for you owe him none."  OC.

OC you may wish to allow Jabou the privilege of apologising or not,  or
discerning whether she owes anybody anything or not. FYI, Jabou's  apology is
not
for me. It is for Jabou if she were to so desire. Jabou  does not owe Haruna
anything. And Jabou is aware of that.

"I hate  to take this route but was left with no other choice especially
after your  emails with references to the Qu ran and Allah the Almighty. You
are
HYPOCRITE." OC.

I am sorry OC that you are limited in your options  for routes. I wish to
share with you for posterity that;
1. Once a  hypocrite, always a hypocrite.
2. Quotations from the Qur'an or the  Almighty's many nomenclatures will not
cure the afflicted (with  hypocrisy).
3. You must never allow yourself to be swayed by other's  invocation of the
Qur'an or Allah/God's names.
4. My invocations of the  Qur'an are generally caution and advice if you
understood them.
5. I do  not subscribe to any religion. I live on the best of all religions.
That  is good for me.

So if its any consolation, and should you hear me  invoking Allah or the
Qur'an, understand that we do not share religion. I  have had some
conversations
with our own Suntou on Religion. I think he is  witness to my religion or
non-religion. Suntou is free to share with you  what my religion is.

Oh by the way, I keep copies of all my emails. The  ones addressed to me and
those I send to other. If my archiving system  does not fail me, I'm
confident
if you give us reference to said culprit  email, I can reproduce it for you.
Possibly other email that may precede  it. I live my life that way because my
Allah advises me to and because my  communication is very important and
sincere. Always. Read the culprit  email again. You may come away with a
totally
different  perspective.

Your brother, Haruna. Unavailable for the moment. Rashid.  MQDT Darbo. Al
Mutawakkil.

Web  interface

To  Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to:
http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l
To contact the  List Management, please send an e-mail  to:
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
To  unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L