GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:11:22 -0500
 The dishonesty of Jammeh and his cronies is just amazing but what is even more amazing is that these people are so dumb they think they can play games with this process.

 I am sure Dr Mbowe and any other medical professional around Jammeh who are complacent in this scandal understand very well that:

 You cannot claim to have tested people and achieved certain results and then send blood samples to another lab that had nothing to do with the original testing or test results or evidence of the original diagnosis and who have no proof of who the blood samples they received belong to, or that the owners were infact clinically diagnosed with AIDs(other than what someone else told them) and then claim that the results from the new samples belong to the same people who were originally diagnosed with AIDs. There is nothing to confirm to the lab in senegal that the blood samples belong to the people indicated and there is nothing that the Senegal lab has to confirm that the blood they tested belong to the same people who were originally diagnosed as having the AIDs virus, or that these people were even diagnosed as having the AIDs virus in the first place. If Mbowe does not know that, then we need to make sure no other Gambians are sent to study medicine where he studied.

 If Yaya Jammeh can cure AIDS, he stands to make lots of money and I am sure he and his cronies would not hesitate to capitalize on such a valuable discovery if it was indeed true.

 I think the argument about whether Jammeh can cure AIDs or not can be put to rest with a few simple steps. I have a proposal for them. Let us outline a simple scientific process for them because it appears they do not know how to really establish once and for all, through the use of a simple scientific process if this claim of a cure for AIDS is true or not, and that hype and game playing is not going to help them sell this scam. However, I think they do know this and that is precisely why they have refused to have their claims put to the test once and for all.

 1. Let Jammeh and those who support the claim that he can cure AIDS bring forward a new batch of patients who have been diagnosed as being infected with the AIDS virus.

 2. Have these people re-tested to establish that they are indeed infected with the AIDs virus. Have the drawing of the blood samples and the labelling and subsequent testing witnessed by medical experts from Gambia as well as from the WHO and other medical representatives from around the World. This can take place in The Gambia or in Senegal or anywhere they choose. Have some controls who will also be tested and disgnosed but who will not receive the treatment

 3. Have "Dr" Jammeh apply his treatment to these patients

 4 Repeat the blood drawing and requisite testing and re-testing scenario as in #2 above to see if these people are free of the AIDS virus.

 Simple process and if he has found a cure for AIDS, then I am sure the World will applaud Jammeh and the sky will be the limit for his fame and fortune.

 Any other arguments and attempts to frame other medical professionals, countries, pharmaceutical companies etc with some hocus pocus twisted logic will not hold water, and the more Yaya Jammeh and those who support him in this fiasco try to discredit those who challenge their false claims, the more infamous and ridiculous they will appear to the rest of the World and the more embarassing this will be for our country.

 All they have to do is agree to have this claim put to the test as described.

 However, I bet the Daily Observer editor will never advocate such a thing in the pages of that paper because Jammeh will have his head. Instead, he continues to exemplify all that is worse in any human being.

 Another very grave consequence is that Yaya Jammeh is tarnishing the name of Islam and the holy Qur'an by associating this holy book with his so-called cure and the Muslim leaders in The Gambia who are not speaking out against this blasphemy should know that their silence is contributing to the curse that is already upon our nation, namely having Yaya Jammeh as our head os state.

 Jabou Joh