GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harona S Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 23:11:31 -0500
EBRIMA AND SOURCE:

I HAD AN INTERVIEW WITH DR MARK/MOCK BACK IN 1997 AT RADIO ONE FM ON A
PROGRAMME CALLED "TALK BLACK". MOST OF YOU MAY NOT REMEMBER THIS PROGRAMME
FOR IT HAD A SHORT LIVE. HOWEVER, DR MARK/MOCK ELABORATED ON HOW FORTUNATE
YOUNG AND ASPIRING GAMBIANS WOULD BE ONCE HE HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO LAUNCH
HIS SCHOLARSHIP PROG. HE TALKED ABOUT SLAVERY AND HOW IT AFFECTED AFRICA IN
BOTH FINANCIAL AND HUMAN CAPITAL. TAKING QUOTATIONS FROM " THE BURDEN OF THE
BLACK MAN", "THE WRECKED OF THE EARTH" AND THE LIKES TO MAKE HIS POINT.
MY FASCINATION WAS WITH THE RAPIDITY I WAS OFFERED A SCHOLARSHIP. LIKE YOUR
SOURCE SAID EBRIMA, I DID ALL MY CORRESPONDENCES TO NO AVAIL. THERE IS NO
CREDIBILITY WHATSOEVER WITH THAT PROG.AND I BELIEF WITH THE MEN IN QUESTION.
THESE MEN AND THEIR INVOLVEMENT WITH THE GAMBIA MUST BE PROPELLED BY THE
EXPECTED SELFISH GAINS AND OR PROMISES GIVEN THEM.
CONGRATS FOR THE BREAK THROUGH EVERYONE!
NB: COPY OF THE INTERVIEW SHOULD BE IN THE RADIO ONE FM ARCHIVES.
HARONA
DETROIT
MICHIGAN.