GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:02:09 EDT
Coach,
Thanx for sharing. Like Kaunda, I believe it may be counterproductive to
demonize Mugabe for charlatanry sakes. However, I believe he should be held to
account for any murders, and or injuries visited on his fellow Zimbabweans some
of who worked with him during the liberation struggles, regardless of whether
those folk are now in the opposition parties or in Mugabe's own party.
Collaborators is a red-herring and it is used to obtain license for wanton murder and
oppression.

I think we all ought to work with Mugabe where we can, admonish him where
necessary, and advise him to train on better governance where appropriate,
privately and publicly. The respect Mugabe has earned among Africans will be
valuable only when it comes to forgiveness for his wrongs, not support for further
truancy.

Cheers Bro. Haruna.