GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousainou Ngum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 09:49:21 -0800
Folks:

I think this is yet another positive outcome in our bid to restore
legitimacy and rule of law in our dear country; and Africa at large. I have
also recieved a response from Rust College's President Beckley. The man
might be an honorable, but I'm sorry to say that I remain cynical and I'll
keep watching 'til January 12-13. Bye for now and keep the fire burning.

Ous Ngum.

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001 12:22:19 -0500, The Gambia and related-issues mailing
list wrote:

>  Dear fellow L-ers,
>
>  I'm sure many of u who  signed the petition will receive this kind of
e-mail
>  from Rust College. At long last decency is beginning to prevail.  I am
happy
>  that good and decent people at Rust College are listening to our
concerns.

>  Dr Stovall is putting his reputation and that of Rust College in
jeopordy.
>  We in the Gambia know the difference between good and evil.
>
>  We take inspiration from the many people who stood up against injustice.
>  The present generation in Africa is fighting for what eluded us since
>  independence-Genuine Independence which is synonymous to democracy and
>  freedom.
>
>  Dr Stovall should note that when Rosa Parks stood up against the thugs in
>  Alabama little did she know that her actions will influence people like
us
>  who came from small Gambia.  Same goes with the Determination of James
>  Meredith who persevered against all odds to get enrolled at Missisippi
Uni.
>  But it is a fact injustice knows no race or boundary.  It is perpetrated
by
>  both blacks and whites.  The war against colonialism and slavery was
waged
>  against the white man but in Africa today our worst enemy is our own
people.

>  However, i am hopeful and know that this African young generation are
ready
>  to fight and die for a free and democratic continent.  If Dr Stovall
feels
>  to associate himself with WIFE BITTERS, MURDERERS of children as young as
3,
>  incarcerating Decent Gambians in Prison without trial, Arsonist, Anti
>  Democrats so be it.  It is his prerogative.
>
>  However, Dr Stovall one thing is evident History that great withness is
>  watching and shall record what she sees accordingly.
>
>  I hope this wise observation from a Gambian will bear meaning to you:
>
>  'What is more revolutionary than the act of child birth? When the
conditions
>  are ripe for a baby to be born, there is nothing that will keep that baby
in
>  the womb.  It takes a push, an  involuntary spasm, for this joyous beauty
>  herald its birth to the world .  The catalyst that spark such a
revolution,
>  can be as inconsequential as the increase in the price of a loaf of
>  bread'(RENE BADJAN)
>
>  Dr Stovall this is what took place in America in the 1960s and in South
>  Africa in 1980s. When the time is ripe nothing can stop such a child
birth.
>  We in the Gambia have already taken the push and nothing can stop the
birth
>  of freedom and democracy in our beloveth country.
>
>  Only buffoons are be blinded from such naked reality.
>
>  Thanks L-ers.  Keep the Spirit.  Credit is due specifically to George
Sarr
>  and Ebrima Ceesay for their leadership.
>
>  Thanks everyone for your vigilance.  Freedom shall be ours.
>
>  Regards,
>
>  Mboge
>

>  >From: "Johnny B. McDonald" <[log in to unmask]>
>  >To: <[log in to unmask]>
>  >Subject: Re: E-MAIL PROTEST AGAINST N.A.A.S.L.C INVITEES, YANKUBA TOURAY
&
>  >TOMBONG SAIDY OF APRC REGIME
>  >Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:01:01 -0600
>  >
>  >Dear Momodou:
>  >
>  >
>  >This is to acknowledge your recent e-mail in regards to the invitation
for
>  >Messrs. Tombong Saidy and Yankuba Touray (Gambian Officials) to visit
the
>  >Rust College campus during the National African American Student
Leadership
>  >Conference next week.  After reviewing your concern and receiving
>  >information from the United States State Department, I have advised the
>  >sponsor of the National African American Student Leaderhsip Conference
>  >withdraw the invitation to the Gambian officials.
>  >
>  >Sincerely,
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >David L. Beckley
>  >President
>  >
GAMBIAN
>  >PEOPLE BUT RATHER
>  > > THEIR OWN SUPPRESSIVE REGIME, LED BY DICTATOR YAHYA JAMMEH.
FURTHERMORE,
>  >BE TOLD THAT BOTH
>  > > YANKUBA TOURAY AND TOMBONG SAIDY ARE PART AND PARCEL OF THOSE
MISCREANTS
>  >WHO COMMITED THE
>  > > TRAGIC KILLINGS OF THOSE INNOCENT STUDENT DEMONSTRATORS ON 10 AND 11
>  >APRIL
>  >2000.
>  > >
>  > > IT IS VERY UNFORTUNATE THAT TOMBONG SAIDY AND YANKUBA TOURAY WHO ARE
IN
>  >FACT ACTIVE PLAYERS
>  > > IN THIS DESPOTIC AND BARBARIC REGIME OF YAHYA JAMMEH, AND WHOSE HANDS
>  >ARE
>  >ALSO STAINED WITH
>  > > STUDENT BLOOD, WERE ADDRESSED AS THE "DISTINGUISHED AND HONOURABLE
>  >DELEGATION FROM THE GAMBIA
>  > > ROOTS).
>  > >
>  > > SIGNIFICANTLY TOO IS THE FACT THAT THESE TWO INVITEES' REPUTATION
>  >CERTAINLY CONTRADICTS THE
>  > > MISSION STATEMENT OF THIS HISTORICALLY BLACK COLLEGE AND THE
>  >N.A.A.S.L.C,
>  >WHICH STATES:
>  > >
>  > > "To address issues of liberation, and provide analysis of progressive
>  >African leadership models,
>  > > past and present, and outline revolutionary leadership paradigms for
the
>  >future."
>  > >
>  > > THE TWO INVITEES DO NOT EVEN HAVE THE MORAL GIST NOR THE
QUALIFICATIONS
>  >ATTEND SUCH A FORUM.
>  > > WE THEREFORE URGE YOU, DR. STOVALL, TO CANCEL YOUR DECISION TO INVITE
>  >THEM
>  >TO RUST COLLEGE BECAUSE
>  > > THEIR PRESENCE AT RUST COLLEGE, WILL SURELY IMPRINT A PERMANENT
NEGATIVE
>  >SCAR ON THE REPUTATION OF
>  > > YOUR NOBLE INSTITUTION, WHICH YOU CHAIR.
>  > >
>  > > WE WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT WE ARE PROTESTING IN GOOD FAITH FOR THE
>  >LIBERATION OF OUR PEOPLE, AND
>  > > MORE SIGNIFICANTLY, TO REMIND YOU THAT 'INJUSTICE ANYWHERE, IS A
THREAT
>  >JUSTICE EVERYWHERE'.
>  > > THE GAMBIA HAS BEEN HELD CAPTIVE AND ROBBED OFF ITS INNOCENCE BY
THESE
>  >TWO
>  >MEN, LED OF COURSE BY
>  > > YAHYA JAMMEH.  ALL WE ARE ASKING FOR IS FREEDOM AND JUSTICE. SO
PLEASE
>  >HELP US LIBERATE OUR PEOPLE.
>  > >
>  > > DR STOVALL, YOU CAN BE EXCUSED FOR NOT KNOWING WHO YOU'RE ASSOCIATING
>  >YOUR
>  >ORGANIZATION WITH.BUT YOU
>  > > CANNOT SAY THAT WE DIDN'T WARN YOU. SO BE CAREFUL, BUT THE ULTIMATE
>  >DECISION SURELY IS YOURS TO
>  > > MAKE. THANK YOU FOR HEARING OUR PLEDGE.
>  > >
>  > > PS: REFERENCE Mr Ebima Ceesay's Letter Addressed to you @:
>  >http://www.gambiansonline.com/LetterToDrStovall.htm
>  > > Sincerely,
>  > > Momodou Mboge
>  > > Concerned Citizen of The Gambia.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  >

>  if you have problems accessing the web interface and remember to write
your full name and e-mail address.