GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2007 06:27:33 +0000
You know what Ousman ,i underestimate your political will .all along i thought the ceesay's were mostly good with the kurus or tasbayo .werrdo if you know what i mean.but hey times have change ,ceesay politicians ,who will do the duaa ,then.i will check out the site of obama ,but for real Ousman ,do you think America has reach the stage of change to elect a mix-race in white house ? i doubt it.

Ousman Ceesay <[log in to unmask]> wrote:   Suntou,

You were right the first time when you said: "i don't know much about barak". If you do, you wouldn't need me to tell you that Barack started his career right out of Harvard Law doing community organizing on the south side of Chicago. He could have gone and work for any Law firm (like Edward did) and make millions of dollars, but he chose to work with poor, laid of workers in that downtrodden side of the windy city. That is selfless service.

If you want to know more about where Barack stands on the issues, hear it from the horse's mouth... http://origin.barackobama.com/issues/

Don't get me wrong with Edwards. If Obama wasn't running, he will be my choice. I can't stand the Clintons, Biden talks too much, Dodd is alright, Richardson has a nice resume, but when he opens his mouth you get the drift. Kucinich will be kucinich.

I am not a democrat. I considered myself independent. The republican field of candidates just doesn't cut it for me this time around. I used to like Mccain, before his war mongering. Giuliani was a joke before the 911 tragedy. Hunter is militarist, Tancredo is a xenophobe. Ron Paul is Ok on Iraq, but his libertarian screech is too extreme for me. Romney flip flop on everything. Can't trust him.

I settled on Obama, because I believe he can bring this nation together. He has shown good judgment in the past. That is more important to me than been the spouse of an ex-president.

SUNTOU TOURAY wrote: so Edward did back the Bloody Irag war ? many decent folks did back the war but later realise the colosal mistake.I hope mr Edward learnt from that bad judgement.For Obama ,tell us more about the man.he is slim and fiary .he is eloquent and smart .he stood his grounds against the pressure form the zionist and hawkish war lobby.what about his records on the social unfortunate ,the neglected masses ,the low income earners ,the immigrant populations ,what about those real issues politicians in the west would rather succumb to media pressure.? Ouman sell your man ,i know he can capture a few Gambian votes.

Ousman Ceesay wrote: Suntou wrote:

"i don't know much about barak but i know for ceratin he will not win the primary "

For certain huh. How can you be so certain when you claimed to know so little about Obama?

On Edwards, his rhetoric has been populist lately. His record while in office paints a whole different picture. He has been apologizing for a whole slew of votes he casted during his one term senate career....Iraq, Nafta etc. People learn from mistakes. God knows we all make them, however judgment and courage of convictions matters. Edwards knew in his gut that Iraq wasn't a good idea, but his ambitions clouded his judgment. Obama stood up at the time and call it a dumb war...his judgment and courage has been prescient on that and many other issues.

"i watched him and oprah on tv last week and it was an oprah show not obama ,sorry obama fans."...suntou

Oprah's support is just the icing on the cake, but observers of the primary will tell you that the community organizer (obama) from Illinois has his ground game in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina tight. He was surging in the polls before the "oprah palooza". So this is not Oprah's show...give the man his due. He is not going to win this primary and the general because of Oprah, but despite oprah. Not trying to take anything from Oprah...she is an asset to his campaign.

I don't like making certitude statements, but Obama has as good a chance of winning this primary as anyone at this stage.We are fired up and ready to go. Come January 3rd the naysayers will be welcome on the Barack mobile bound for the hills of New Hampshire.

SUNTOU TOURAY wrote: Masoud ,i would like to say that ,you have developed into a powerful political mega man over the years.What an endorsement of mr edward .he should keep you by his side. even me a non-american voter is a bit swayed to mr edwards camp.i don't know much about barak but i know for ceratin he will not win the primary .my reason ,very few.i watched him and oprah on tv last week and it was an oprah show not obama ,sorry obama fans.

Haruna Darbo wrote:

Jabou, you know you are beautiful. I can never get upset at you.

I think you like both John Edwards and Obama, but that you like Obama more
because his election will represent much needed change.

Would you consider that the election of John Edwards will also represent
change?

The work therefore is in discerning between John Edwards and Obama, who is
the more desirable change!!!

Now, like you about John Edwards, I like Obama a lot because I think he is
brilliant, popular, and his election will give hope to a lot of Immigrant
Americans.

John Edwards not only represents hope for more Americans than Obama, he has
shown the value of the change that he may accrue us. I have not had the
opportunity to witness a sampling of Obama's change except that he looks different
from past presidents.

John Edwards' One America Foundation offers some hope.
John Edwards' rebuilding efforts in the Lower Ninth ward offer hope in what
America can be.
John Edwards fought with Huge corporate outfits on the behalf of regular and
common Americans, and John Edwards and Obama are both lawyers.
Senator John Edwards of North carolina will get dirty for you and with you.
North Carolina used to be the home of Senator Jesse Helms.
John Edwards enjoys enormous peer support and the most endorsements from
Democratic governors of states than either Obama or Clinton.
John Edwards is more electable across the United states than any candidate
currently seeking the presidency, Republican or Democrat. Check the stats.
Libby Edwards is beautiful and is not beholden to corporate America. Mrs.
Obama is beautiful but may be beholden to corporate America. She sits on the
board of Walmart.
John Edwards is handsome and is not given to religious distinctions nor does
he believe religion ought to be mixed with governance. John Edwards believes
in Religion as moral and ethical compass, not administrative compass.

Obama is good. John Edwards is more valuable to all America. Edwards-Obama
may be formidable. What do you think my dear? Lemme know, Lemme know!! You know
Ousman is an Obama-head!!! Don't you??

Your friend and colleague Haruna.

In a message dated 12/13/2007 8:40:01 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,