GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:02:27 -0400
That Gabriel Roberts is a spineless moron should NOT be in doubt anymore.
The Press Release from the IEC is nothing but semantic garbage. Now the IEC
is blaming the Observer reporters for being stupid. ‘They did NOT understand
what Gabriel Roberts was saying’. Well, the morons should give us a break.
We all know that the chief propagandist of APRC (Buba Baldeh) controls what
is written on the Observer. The Observer is now a misnomer. Its name should
be changed to APRC DAILY. All the paper is good for, is reporting garbage
from mental midgets and slaves like Yankuba Touray and Fatoumatta Jahumpa.
Of course the paper was reporting EXACTLY what Gabriel Roberts said. The
paper reported the 42 counting centers days ago. Why did Gabriel Roberts not
give a rebuttal then? The coward knows that he is NOT calling the shots.
Yaya is playing him like a yo-yo. Gutless vermin.

What Gabriel Roberts is attempting to explain now does NOT make any sense
(as usual). According to him, the 42 counting centers was just a proposal
and NOT a firm (UNILATERAL) decision made by the IEC. This is a big LIE.
Since they went the route of giving a chronology of events, let me indulge
this puppet and go that route too. Initially, all the Opposition Parties
(except PDOIS, I think) together with Gabriel Roberts agreed that there will
be counting on the spot. According to the IEC counting at 800 polling
stations. Mind you, no one is complaining that IEC will NOT be able to man
the ‘numerous’ polling stations during the voting. We only have a problem of
personnel and safety when the counting and the announcement of the winner
start. How preposterous?

After the Parties and the IEC agreed on on-the-spot-counting, Gabriel
Roberts reported this to his master (Yaya). The morons will NOT have any of
that. They realized that they could NOT win the elections without stealing
and transporting the ballots was their best opportunity to tamper with the
votes. So what did the vermin do? They did NOT even give Gabriel Roberts the
courtesy to make the announcement from the IEC and make it appear as if the
IEC was making the decision. Yaya and Yankuba Touray went to the press
(including the APRC DAILY) and announced that counting on-the-spot was only
going to happen ‘over their dead bodies’. Right there, the Dictators vetoed
Gabriel Roberts. If the man had any integrity, he should have resigned from
his post there and then. But the low-life will NOT do that.

Instead the puppet came back to the Opposition Parties and tried to impose
Yaya’s will on them. All you now hear from the IEC is that Gabriel Roberts
is making UNILATERAL DECISIONS. We all know this is a LIE. Semantics. What
is actually happening is that the DICTATORSHIP is moving the goal post on
the Gambian people. Roberts’ chronology reached an absurd conclusion. He
said that when he ‘proposed’ the 42 centers there was an impasse because the
Parties will NOT agree. He conveniently failed to tell us the different
stances of the opposing parties. This was a deliberate move from Roberts. He
knows that had he told us the cause of the impasse, then his final decision
will NOT make any sense.

Let us explore what actually went on. The Opposition was asking for 800
counting centers. Yaya wants lot less counting centers. The fewer centers,
the higher their chances of stealing the elections. Now Gabriel Roberts
offered the Opposition 42 centers. Darn right the Opposition will reject
that. The Opposition wants more. Yaya also rejected that because as I said,
the fewer centers they have, the better for them. This is where it gets
good. Witness how Gabriel Roberts solved the impasse. He moved to Yaya’s
position. Lot less counting centers than the Opposition is asking for. We
wanted 800, the man moved from 42 to 28. The man is NOT giving anything to
the Opposition. See how ludicrous this decision is?

I saw one gentleman caution me to give Gabriel Roberts benefit of the doubt.
I say to that individual that the Gambian people do NOT have that luxury. We
CANNOT wait for the vermin to steal the elections and then start fighting
them. Gabriel Roberts is going to pay with all he got to defend himself in
this fight. This election will NOT be stolen. If Gabriel Roberts is prepared
to lay his life on the line for Yaya, let him be my guest. The Gambians are
NOT going to allow a child murderer to continue to lead us. Anybody that
assists the child murderer to steal the election, is game. The Opposition
should hand combat with Gabriel Roberts. Don’t treat him with kid’s gloves.
The puppet is NOT an honest man. We must NOT allow him to DICTATE Yaya’s
wishes on us and turn around and say that he is taking unilateral decisions.
He is making NO decisions. These decisions are all coming from the State
House and vermin like Joseph Joof and Yankuba Touray.
KB