GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 18:44:37 EDT
I am gripped by nausea as I read this speech. This is an affront and an
insult to the people of our country, and to their intelligence. Yaya Jammeh
should have had the guts to admit to the people that he gave the order to
shoot to kill our children instead of giving this disgusting speech that is
just an empty rhetoric that says absolutely nothing, except to rub it in the
faces of those whose children he gave the order to butcher.This speech is
like a knife stabbed into the hearts of those whose children were butchered.
I cry for their pain, and for the terror and callousness that has gripped our
nation.What insensitivity, what darkness has been imposed on our country,
what evil forces. How dare Yaya Jammeh give such a speech to the nation after
he gave the order to kill our children in cold blood. I hope the Gambian
people do not fall for this hypocritical call for prayer by someone whose
actions and track record makes it abundantly clear that he neither knows God
nor fears him. Someone who uses religion as a tool to pacify the people so he
can stay on their backs when it is obvious that the best thing he can do for
our country is to pack his bags and dissappear, in short, stop imposing
himself on our people.What a blatant attempt to consolidate the pretense and
lies that have been pedalled by  his cronies since they banded together and
murdered our children in cold blood, in broad daylight for one and all to
see. This speech is akin to the wollof saying about the rat that slowly
nibbles at your feet while blowing on them ever so gently, so that you do not
feel the pain, and before you know it, he has eaten your feet right down to
the bone.If the Gambian populace falls for this pacifying affrontery, what
will eventually follow will be like child's play compared to the bloody
butchery that has just taken place in front of their very eyes.Buy this
hypocritical and cowardly speech, and the next thing that will happen will be
the butchering of families and individuals inside their homes. Wake up people
and put an end to this. The Gambian nation has a choice, act now, or perpare
for a nightmare that  will be unequalled by any we have seen in the
subregion. Go on a national strike and call for the resignation of this
forked tongue butcher. Such a general strike will shut the government down
and purge this cancer from our midst.The choice belongs to the people.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 4/16/00 5:49:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,