GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:41:20 EDT
Mr. Mboge, you are dealing with the wrong person here. My friend, I might
not be a computer expert like Yus or Makaveli, but am not stupid either.
Yesterday, after reading Hamjatta's mail and before sending my reaction to
it, I called my brother (a Phd lecturing electrical engineering in a top
U.S. university) to ask him to look at your rally with Hamjatta and tell me
what he thinks. So, despite that I trust and admire Hamjatta, I decided to
do my own independent research before putting you on the spot. Even after my
brother assured me that you definitely received the mail, I still gave you
benefit of the doubt by asking you to explain your stand. You came back with
a very defensive and combative posture, calling Hamjatta childish. I still
said to myself that we should give you an opportunity to vindicate yourself.
What you came up with in your various postings is sickening, to say the
least. But am glad that you are now not disputing that you 'received' a
private mail from Hamjatta before sending that disgraceful mail to G_L
yesterday. Last night, you sent an initial message to G_L just bearing the
'address' and 'subject' fields of Hamjatta's mail to you. You did that to
see how this was going to come out. Whether there would be any evidence of
doctoring. You followed that by sending this mail addressed to me and
Hamjatta. Well, surprise, surprise, there is still evidence of doctoring.
Your latest message omitted the following text which was present in the
earlier one:

<< text1.html >>

This is why I said that your postings on this matter are sickening. You are
trying to insult our intelligence and still trying to portray Hamjatta in a
poor light. How do you explain that? Go and check other mail from Hamjatta
the past few days. Whenever someone 'replies' to his messages, the text
disappears and is replaced by the above quoted computer jargon. You see, it
was just God that wanted to expose you. Instead of 'composing' a mail for
G_L, you attempted to 'reply' Hamjatta's mail and that is how his mail
tagged along yours. If you are as honest and sincere as you claim, why did
you not send Hamjatta a private mail and tell him that you did not receive
the body of his email? Why did you not mention in your posting to G_L that
you received a reply from Hamjatta but Hamjatta made a mistake when he sent
the mail? Why did it take you hours to figure out that you did not receive
the text of Hamjatta's private mail? What is there to 'decipher' from an
empty shell? My friend, I have all the time in the world to unearth lies.
You have a right to your political beliefs. But you have no right to come
here and scandalize a brother unjustifiably. Yesterday when you implied that
Hamjatta was running from a fight, some of your friends came out to gloat.
All of you owe an apology to Hamjatta. I subscribe to the idea that the
opposition against Yaya should stick together. But we must have mutual
respect for each other. Why did you want to embarrass Hamjatta and why are
you going to such lengths to cover up your blatant lies? My friend, quit
using the Lord's name in vain. You will gain more respect from people if you
put your points across honestly and sincerely. Although I was not privy to
what transpired between you and Hamjatta privately, am more convinced by
Hamjatta's version. While you were at work yesterday, you could have simply
said that you received an empty shell without a message. You and your
friends might think that this is trivial, but if one is concerned about the
truth and sincerity, one will have to condemn your actions and ask you to
apologize to Hamjatta. Again, the question is not about whether Hamjatta
accepted the invitation or not. Simply put, please explain to us computer
novices, how the heck Hamjatta's message sent to you Tuesday morning ended
up at the tail-end of your message sent to G_L Tuesday night? Why did you
say you did not receive 'an answer' from Hamjatta when in actual fact you
received his email; albeit inadequate, according to you? We should all be
very careful what we put out here. If we spread false images, it goes all
over the world. No one is perfect. People make mistakes. But we have to be
decent about it and apologize to people that we harm. God knows that if you
or any computer expert comes here to prove to me that you did not receive
Hamjatta's message before sending yours, I will loudly apologize to you and
your friends for my statements.
KB