GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
musa mbye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 22:01:41 -0700
My Fellow readers,
I do not have the heart to build hatred against a
person. The heart that loves can never hate.  One's
heart can never be at too extremes at the same time.
I have always love these two people.  As for Yaya,
The building of the Arch that no one runs under but
you.
The building of a village into a capital city. I hold
no grudges. I am giving you credit.
The impovement of the international airport.
The building of more schools.
The money you claim to give to poor people.
The gifts you get in the name of the country that you
take to be your own.
The powers you exercise over the rights of people.

You have been a well-decorated soldier like you are as
a president. I listen to one of your interview on TV
with Neneh Mcdonald. You were frank about all what you
said. One thing you could not mention is the name of
Jawara.  I understand that if you ever mention his
name that will be your end. Not because, he was
respectful but did better things than you have ever
done. Do not get angry he has some faults too.
He was definately a corrupt man.
He was greedier for power than you are.
He loved being decorated more than you do.
He was trying to claim the most humanitarian.
If he had given up power voluntarily, he could have
been the most respected man in West Africa, that is if
people feel the same way I feel about him.
He was too kind to a fault.

I have no choice but to blame him for letting you
leave at the first place.  This is the difference
between the two of you.  After the several meetings of
plots to overthrow, that took place under the trees at
Yundum Barracks. The plan to arrest him at the airport
on July 22. If he had your heart you should have been
death that day. No wander it is the most memeorable
day in your life. He, who gave you a chance to leave
againt, needs at least a day of commemoration.
With all due respect to both of you, because you will
always be in the History of that country.

Thanks

Musa Mbye or Mansa konko