GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamine Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 14:34:50 -0500
Mr. Dictator:

It is 2001, and the Ghanaians have followed the path of the Seganelese.
Our region has eliminated one dictator and your turn has just arrived.  We
are matching down Independence Drive and you better leave the State House.

President Abdoulie Wadd has answered your cynicism by building an army
installation center near Kaninlai.  Where can you run?  Maybe you can go
through the Kiangs, oh Mr. Dictator that is not a good choice.  Maybe you
should turn right at Kanlagi, and try to come to Banjul, oh Mr. Dictator
the people in Bakau,Brikama and metro Banjul are waiting.  You remember the
families of those innocent students?  They are waiting too.  Where can you
turn next?  I do not know.  Can you answer me?

Your arrogance and dictatorial means cannot change the minds of Gambians.
Even your supporters are mad at you for refusing to honor Hon. Abou Karamba
Kassama and Hon. Samura at the Assembly.  Are you guilty of the fact that
you had your thugs killed these fearless Gambians and other innocent
soldiers of democracy?  It is practically impossible for a freak accident
like this to blow two rear tires.  You are behind these senseless killings.
Mr. Dictator , you cannot silence us.  You are making us stronger day in
and day out.  Our family tree is intact.  Our movement for democracy is
solidified.  Mr. Dictator your time is up.  Come September, we will be
dancing M'babas and Seruba.  Oh I forgot secco.  I am learning how to dance
M'babas.  Mr. dictator your time is up.  The Gambia shall be free.

Long live democracy and down with dictator yahya jemus.  Dictator yahya,
let my people go.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh

--- Lamine Conteh