GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 20:12:27 EST
In a message dated 11/11/99 5:12:33 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< If my reading of the Bantaba and the crisis at home are accurate, we
 must begin to work with President Jammeh, his Government and the Gambian
 People to resolve these issues. And as the Presidential and National
 Assembly elections are fast approaching, it is imperative that the
 political system be opened up.

 I propose that at minimum, all political parties and politicians that
 were banned shortly before the 1996 elections, be unbanned and let the
 Gambian people decide who rules them.

 The latter it appears to me and many more on the Bantaba, is a way to
 realizing this vision for Gambia and Gambians. To me, this is beyond
 partisan politics.  It is life of a people and of future generations.
 This could be our challenge to President Jammeh and his government.
 WHAT DO YOU THINK?

 Abdoulaye Saine