GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fatoumatta Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:03:35 +0100
I don' t think any loving GAMBIAN would there say this to an alliance (NADD) that aims to remove a dictatorship and bring a democratic rule to a country.
If i may ask wheather you are a patriotic Gambian. If you think you are discrediting NADD to gain favours from Jammeh, believe me you must be fooling yourself. We've all seen and heard whats happening in the Gambian. NADD is being clear and the supreme court ruling was based on techicalities. If you have been following the proceedings, NADD and the IEC all stood on the same basis during the hearing and the judges deciced against their favours. i would not have anything to say to the judges because we need to accept their rulings for the sake of the Rule of Law but that doesn't have any bearing on the fact that NADD is illegitimate. The members of NADD didn't say much unlike when Darboe and co were aqutted by the court, your master went on national television to comment on the case. Would you have the guts to support him. But no wonder, they say birds of the same feather floops together. The thing you need to ask yourself is why was the constitution change so that there would be a
 second round of voting if any party don't have an outright 50% of votes.

If you look at africa, most of their constitution is design in that way. About alliance. it has removed many leaders esp. in senegal and kenya. P

Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
NADD is an institutionalized faction of the desperate that seeks power through political intrigue. It is not a legitimate political party that has a manifest agenda to promote the welfare of the people according to the Gambian constitution. Legitimate political parties are end products ( not means like NADD) of an evolutionary developmental process. NADD as a faction lacks a clear, coherent, orderly and stable party manifesto/constitution nor any durable ideology that shall last from issue to issue or election to election. It is a marriage of convenience based on the presumption of a postponed intra-party competition. Such an unstable political entity can easily become a harbinger of divisiveness that corrupts the natural peace and stability of the Gambia. This picture becomes more horrifying considering the fact that the UDP, the dominant group amongst NADD, plays a shadow politics of Mandinka tribalism as reflected in its constant claim of about 40% electoral votes-
congruent to the Mandinka population of the Gambia.
The Gambian constitution does not guarantee a free and fair election between a legitimate political party and a political faction of convenience whose purpose is nothing but a well calculated subterfuge against the political establishment by other means short of physical violence. The APRC and Yaya Jammeh should never tolerate such a scam against its own interests and The Gambia.

Ebou

abdoukarim sanneh wrote:
To hell with your illusive back door legal analysis. It is unfortunate our country is sold to mercenary judges whose mission is to strengthen the hand of the devil for the interst of their pocket. You must be mad but any human being whose brain is function knows about the deficit of the legal judgement. It is unfortunate privy council provision is not include in the 1997 constitution like that of the 1970. Then it will be a different story. I don't know that you are blind cause you have seen numerous violation of the constitution and the manipulation of the judiciary under Jammeh's dictatorship.

Ebou Jallow
wrote: You shall have a very rude awakening very soon. NADD itself as a political party is a fraud and completely unconstitutional. I know that the APRC is looking into the legal issues whilst you fools are on a denial mode. Just watch what is going to happen to this "party" soon. Ooh please do not go on another bitching spree when reality hits again.

E.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい