GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 16:55:06 EDT
I know am not motivated my hate when I advocate the overthrow of Yaya by any
means necessary. On the contrary, am motivated by a strong sense of justice.
Trying to deal with these people while adhering to norms of civilized people
just breed the kind of turmoil we experienced on April 10. What is more
constitutional and law abidding than the demonstration organized by the
students on that day??? what did they get in return???? I understand your
principled stand of none violence. But this principle has to be balanced
with the reality on the ground in Gambia. Yaya robbed the last elections in
broad daylight and nothing came out of it. Children stand up for their
constitutional rights and they are gunned down .....do you want us to go on
this path for the next 30 years????? Like I said before, after Yaya, we can
put structures in place to ensure that things like this never happen again.
If Yaya gets away with this someone else will repeat it ...and believe me
....in my book he would be pulling a fast one on all Gambians if we allow
him to rob us dry and then go retire in Kanilai immune from prosecution for
his gruesome crimes. My thing is ...even if you don't want to support the
ideas espoused by Colly, don't condemn him ....we should get rid of Yaya by
any means necessary .....same goes for any military leader that gets rid of
Yaya and then want to entrench himself into power.