GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 21:16:03 EDT
Well brother Elhadj, Unless we learn that to have lasting solution to our
problems we need to choose leaders based only on their competence, fairness
and respect for the rule of law, and who will  implement  laws that protect
the interest of everyone, and that this is more lasting than propelling
individuals who will impart favours on us and the rest be damned,  you are
right, we will keep repeating history.

We must remember that some of the members of this old regime had  finally
tasted what they have subjected the majority of Gambians to for decades by
their corruption and unfair practices,  that is,poverty and deprivation. Some
of these people have been waiting for the slightest chance to jump on the
back of the people once more, when they should be finding ways to atone
themselves by merely  lending a hand to others and nothing more.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 8/4/2001 3:03:14 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> principles and our decisions. As
we all sail in the same boat, we MUST be ready to
> accept the truth. Today Gambians want to see the back of Yahya Jammeh, after
> experiencing seven years of brutality, human rights abuses and the
> squandering of our economy. However desperate we are, for Yahya Jammeh`s
> replacement, we must be very careful not to fall victims again under a
> group of criminals. I think,  i remember Lewin`s force field describing
> change as

" It requires individuals to specify in advance the desired change as well as
> decide which driving or restraining forces can be removed to facilitate its
> implementation".

These people ruled us for 30 good years with rampant corruption, nepotism and