GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ams Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 12:57:29 EDT
In a message dated 9/1/2003 5:15:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> So Ams please don't spoil the show, Hassan was not
> part of the problems within the Judiciary.

I beg to differ with you on this one. My Brother Hassan, should have known
better, not to accept the highest offer and task of "blind justice" not "Just
us." If we have to chronicle Hassan's position on July 21, 1994 and
compare/contrast the same with July 22, 1994...fast forward to 1998...and eventually 2002,
being the smartest, best amongst the rest, good man, etc., got clouded with
Yahya's dirty politricking and injustice[s] perpetrated on Gambians. In law,
biting the hand that feeds you/team playerism/Jammehism should be secondary to
rights and justice. I wonder what Dumo et al. OJ, Waa Juwara, Koro Ceesay's
family, victims of April 10-11, have to say on hassan's integrity, while on
Yahya's watchful eye. He's a good man, but should have quit while Cheyassin and
Joseph Joof were trampling on peoples lives and liberties, without recourse or
remorse. He's my brother, but I will beg to differ with him on his tenure with
Yahya Jammeh's regime.
Do you know of any other landmark decision[s] made by your honor, from
1998-2002?
On a different note, as you display keen raraavis on Gambian Law, is there
any provision in Gambia's constitution, that mentions/promotes: recall of a
sitting President or, a vote of no confidence? A qurious/nosy/inquiring mind tried
me on this one and I blanked out.
have a blessed day.
Ams

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
 - Albert Einstein
the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has."
- Margaret Mead
"When the government fears the people, you have liberty. When the people fear
the government, you have tyranny."
- Thomas Jefferson
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke