GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Suntou Touray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:43:58 -0400
that's ok jabou , i heard a story about a german lady who became a muslim
through her friendship with a gambian lady in germany. i spoke to the lady
myself to find out what lead the german lady into islam .she said ,''her and the
german lady usually meet in a nursery school where they both take thier
children. she said during ramadam the german lady offered her some smacks
which she politely decline as a result of her fasting. this gambian lady is not
even wearing the hijab but she was honest about her fasting .the german lady
became very curious .she told this gambian lady why do you fast ,well she
explain and then the german lady said she too will try to fast .this gambian
woman explain all the rules of fasting to the german lady. she fasted for a
couple of days and then she became interested in islam. but saddly the
gambian lady could not explain islam to the german. she then went looking for
a mosque for some one to explain the religion to her. luckly she was able to
met the iman of the mosque who explain all the tenet of islam. some days
later this german woman accept islam.
why did i narrate this story ? simple. women are leading many more women
into islam than men are doing in the west. that bakes the question ,what is
our number reason for being in the west ? money ,education ,comfort etc. not
to even slightly explain our beautiful and noble faith. many women in
universities accept islam out of curiousity .why hijab ? they ask ,the answer
make sense to them .but the other side of the coin. when i was residing in
east london ,if you see how some gambian ladies dress in summer ,you will
hide .
but allah take people from the deept of denail to full islam. Allah sates in the
quran'' enter into islam whole heartedly or completely '' don't pick and choose.
i remember encountering a difficult time whilst insisting on praying at work but
some days later my manager even reminds me of the time to pray. he does
this as a joke but i got what i wanted. most work places in england even
provide small pray arear's now. it is up to us to practise our deen.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい