GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:43:51 -0400
Jobe, now we are getting somewhere. At least you did not try to play victim
in your last post. Yesterday, I ignored your insinuation that I was speaking
out against the government because I want power. I did that because it was
infantile rhetoric from you and showed how shortsighted and ignorant you
are. But I see you trying to recycle the garbage with more force this time.
Unlike you, my word is my bond. You can take it to the bank that once Yaya
faces justice about the massacre of our children, you will never hear from
me again. I have NO intention whatsoever to run for office in The Gambia or
work for any government. You are really ignorant of the type of person I am.
People that know me, will laugh at your irrational rattling. This is not
about power for me. This is about justice.

I will not allow the discourse to degenerate to a discussion about me. We
can talk about that later if you wish. Now let us concentrate on our
children that died trying to make Gambia a better place for all of us. If
you say that I do not give a 'damn' about the victims of the massacre and
their families, I wonder what you would say about the vermin that ordered
the massacre and denied the families justice; but instead turned around to
persecute the children that were not slaughtered. If you attack me for
speaking up for the slain children and worship Yaya who ordered the
massacre, I wonder between me and you who deserves the label hypocrite the
most. You can try all you can, but you will never succeed in preventing me
from talking about the cold-blooded murder of our children. See, I do not
depend on an impotent like Yaya to feed my family. I am also not a coward
that fear tyrants that threaten to bury their opponents six feet deep if
they dare to sneeze.

But guess what? Even if I were in Gambia, I would be saying the same things
as I am saying now about Yaya's criminality. Some of us still have our
masculinity intact. In 1994, I was writing on Observer opposing this
government and telling everyone that cared to listen that this was an
illegal and an illegitimate outfit. I NEVER for one moment endorsed their
criminal act when they stole power from a democratically elected government.
Unlike people like you that only knew Yaya after 1994 and bought into his
childish garbage that he is invincible and ruthless, I know Yaya very well,
pre-1994. I know the vermin is a coward and an inept criminal that cannot
even cover his tracks. I refused to be ruled by a moron and that is partly
why I left Gambia. The courage our children showed on April 10 and 11, 2000,
let me realize that people like me have to stand up and do something about
Yaya before the mad man annihilates us. I will forever be indebted to those
children for waking me up. I pledge to make sure that Yaya pays for his
crimes against those children and the Gambian people.

If adults like you showed some little semblance of integrity, you would have
led the children to fight against tyranny. But you are busy cuddling your
silly government jobs. I guess you have been around people like Tombong too
long and think that people in the Diaspora speaking against your illegal
government are doing so because they (like Tombong) want a government job
when Yaya is gotten rid of. What you do not realize is that some of us are
not losers. We do not need a government job in order to live a better
life-style. Tombong did not have a house, a good job and a family while he
was in the U.S. Yaya improved Tombong's life. Moved him from an 'efficiency
apartment' on the lower side of 16th Street, to a house in the upper side.
Some of us are already living under those conditions (or better) and we are
not doing so at taxpayers' expense.

We are not supporting our causes in order to make ends meet. We are
denouncing murder, because it is the most heinous crime in the book. How can
you compare the cold-blooded slaughter of our children by criminals to an
accident that happened at the Sankung Sillah plant? Giving us the gory
details about that accident would not equate the ACCIDENT to the CRIME Yaya
committed against humanity. So, I did not speak about that on G_L. What does
that prove?

To say that I am angry man, is an understatement coming from you. I am angry
all right. Angry at impotent like you that do not see anything wrong in
supporting a child murderer because you are scared to lose your job. Angry
that vermin like you have the audacity to justify the continued persecution
of our children while labeling as hateful people that want the perpetrators
of the heinous massacre of our children to be brought to justice. Angry that
seemingly educated people like yourself allow a moron like Yaya to bamboozle
you.

I am glad the students' demonstration went well this time. Check the
archives and show us where I ever incited the students to confront callous
cowards like Yaya. Had the same restraint been shown by the animals running
our country last year, fourteen innocent lives would not have been lost. So,
you now see how senseless it was for Yaya to order his security forces to
open fire on our children? Only self-professed cowards like you will use
children to further your political ambitions. You are so scared to even call
that criminals be punished for their crimes. You are scared to talk about
certain things because you fear that a future government is going to punish
you. This is the height of cowardice. That future government could be you.
You are scared of yourself?

I will shelf discussion on your 'projects' for now, out of respect for our
children that were mercilessly slaughtered on this fateful day last year by
none other than the tyrant you fanatically support. When I find time, I will
show you how gullible you are for accepting as the ultimate the
'developments' from a confessed child murderer. In the meantime, free advise
from me: eradicate your ALES by expecting real development from a leader
that will NOT order the cold-blooded massacre of our children.
KB