GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:55:44 GMT
Well, Mr. Mboge i did send you a reply yesterday morning when i received
your last mail from my hotmail acct. I infact made clarifications as to why
i was late in getting back to you. In my mail i categorically stated that
yes i have made arrangements to the effect that September 30th. would met me
free from any other obligations. So September 30th. it will be. Sometimes
patience can hurt but it rewmains a virtue nonetheless.
What i however, found disappointing about your mail was the impression you
were trying to create that i have chickened out after accepting the
invitation to meet Halifa. And your empty assessments of me being some
"hedgehog" because according to you i am obsessed with only one thing:
Halifa/PDOIS. Oh, and this abject reasoning that since i condemn "leftists",
it suffices to label as some reactionary "rightist" in the mould of Peter
Hitchens. Well, you like everyone else is entitled to your opinions. Whether
such opinions are profound is a totally different issue. What however, you
and others are confirming to me is that: i do not exaggerate when i call
some PDOIS supporters as blind, programmed and fanatical who could never see
beyond the Gospel according to  Saint Halifa of Churchill's Town.
I will be online in the evening to answer the Saint himself
Hamjatta Kanteh