GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edward Small <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 20:54:01 +0000
No Mr Gassama. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You are far, far
beyond convincing. Deep in your heart, you know that the blind loyalty you
show for Jammeh and his government is myopic and dishonest. But of course,
bening a giant intellectual in your own right, you would never admit this.
Blind loyalty to anyone, anywhere, under any circumstance, is wrong, has
always been wrong, will always be wrong, and you know this very well.

You rightly suggest that I do not know the government's reason for expelling
Marc Andre. Do you know yourself? I guess no, because you have admitted here
as much a few days ago. In any case, the issue is really not the current
expulsion. It is your tendency to defend anything and everything the
government or Jammeh does. That is the issue here.

You ask whether I love the country more than those 'entrusted' with running
its affairs. Were/are all the sick despots of history not 'entrusted' with
running the affairs of their countries? Were all their monstrous deeds acts
of patriotism and love of country? Are you telling me that absolute love of
country = being president or government? Who was a greater patriot than
history's greatest criminal - Adolf Hitler?

Come on, Mr Kebba Jobe, Jumble Singsong or whatever you call yourself. Be
honest with yourself and admit that once in a while, your perfect leader can
commit embarrasing blunders. To err is human, isn't it? But to persist in
volitional error is sick. That would not prevent him from offering you the
job you so badly crave. No hard feelings intended.
Have a good day.
Pa Small