GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 12:44:04 -0000
Hamjatta,

Can you quote the Indemnity provision in the constitution for me and then
give your interpretation as to why you have come to the conclusion that it
revokes the Coroner's Act and indemnifies any officer who is accused of the
type of allegations that are being made in Koro's case?

I am sure that once you do such an analysis, you will refute your own
deductions. Notwithstanding, I will quote the law for you and make the
necessary analysis just in case you do not have a copy of the constitution.
I await for your response.

I hope from now onwards  those of you who make references to what the
constitution says would quote the provisions you are referring to and then
make your analysis. There are many lawyers who are on-line. I am sure they
will not allow any misinterpretation of the provisions to stand. I hope we
all accept the position that the objective of this exercise is to help all
of us to have a greater understanding of our situation as a people.

Halifa.